Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    19,605

    XU Women 2021-2022

    The Women got smoked by 20 in Memphis last night.
    This is Melanie Moore’s 3rd year.
    Are we concerned yet?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

  2. #2
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The Women got smoked by 20 in Memphis last night.
    This is Melanie Moore’s 3rd year.
    Are we concerned yet?
    It is worth noting that Memphis was picked to finish dead last--unanimously--in the AAC.

    https://theamerican.org/news/2021/10...ches-poll.aspx

    I am sure fans are concerned. More concerning is the lack of interest the athletic department has shown women's basketball in the past decade. The team has been in the play-in round in the Big East tournament every single season since joining the league. Is this even an attractive job anymore?

  3. #3
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    19,605
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerCecil View Post
    It is worth noting that Memphis was picked to finish dead last--unanimously--in the AAC.

    https://theamerican.org/news/2021/10...ches-poll.aspx

    I am sure fans are concerned. More concerning is the lack of interest the athletic department has shown women's basketball in the past decade. The team has been in the play-in round in the Big East tournament every single season since joining the league. Is this even an attractive job anymore?
    Yeeeesh!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

  4. #4
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,877
    the women's program has, unfortunately, been a total disaster for almost 10 years now.

  5. #5
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    183
    The women fell to Utah last night, 106-71. The score was 86-48 after three quarters.

  6. #6
    I still believe. muskiefan82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,150
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerCecil View Post
    The women fell to Utah last night, 106-71. The score was 86-48 after three quarters.
    So..... they won the 4th quarter! Nice!! LOL
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •