View Poll Results: Xavier's Most Important Player this Season Is...

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elijah Tucker

0 0%
  • Paul Scruggs

15 27.27%
  • Colby Jones

9 16.36%
  • Cesare Edwards

0 0%
  • Adam Kunkel

0 0%
  • Dwon Odom

2 3.64%
  • Ben Stanley

0 0%
  • Kyky Tandy

0 0%
  • Jerome Hunter

1 1.82%
  • Dieonte Miles

2 3.64%
  • Jacl Nunge

10 18.18%
  • Zach Freemantle

3 5.45%
  • Other

13 23.64%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I don't think it's a particular player. It's Steele. He has the horses. He NEEDS to figure out how to use them.
    If I had a second vote, it would be this.

I vote for DRUGGS!!!

This team goes as Paul Scruggs goes. No disrespect to Travis Steele, but Scruggs is the real leader of this team.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I vote for DRUGGS!!!

This team goes as Paul Scruggs goes. No disrespect to Travis Steele, but Scruggs is the real leader of this team.
    Scruggs faded away last year in big games. I hope he steps up and makes clutch shots.
    I know a healthy Freemantle wants the ball.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Reason I didnt vote Scruggs is because as a 5ht year senior I think he is what he is at this point. Which is great, he is a very good player, best on our team last year, and could be best this year.

I am just so excited for what I hope is a BIG jump from Colby Jones. If he becomes our best player, this team will be way better than any of us expect I think.

Scruggs is definitely the leader though. I think Jones becomes the go to guy when we need a bucket though.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Scruggs faded away last year in big games. I hope he steps up and makes clutch shots.
    I know a healthy Freemantle wants the ball.
    This is spot on. Scruggs has never been an ALPHA DOG. I don't think its fair to expect him to magically turn into one. If he does, great! If not, then this team sorely needs one. I think Freemantle can be that guy. Maybe Nate Johnson too.

I'm going to take a little different approach. I took Dieonte Miles. He may not be the most important player going into the season but if he is ready to play BIG TIME, he may be the player that puts us over the top.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    I'm going to take a little different approach. I took Dieonte Miles. He may not be the most important player going into the season but if he is ready to play BIG TIME, he may be the player that puts us over the top.
    He is definitely the most intriguing player to me. I have read he is ready to contribute in a big way, and then I have read (someone recapping musketeer madness I believe) that he still looks too thin and a little lost out there.

I think you are right though, if he is ready to really contribute significantly in the post, he could be a difference maker. I'm just not positive he is.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

The first time Miles touched the ball at Musketeer Madness was for a rebound and he promptly threw it out to an open guard for a 3. I was wow'd. After that he was a black hole. I was like oh crap.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    The first time Miles touched the ball at Musketeer Madness was for a rebound and he promptly threw it out to an open guard for a 3. I was wow'd. After that he was a black hole. I was like oh crap.
    The reason I voted for Nunge is partly for this reason. Now that Free is out for an extended period, even more so. Miles is still going to be a work in progress for most if not all season. Nunge has been in the trenches. He needs to step up or a big part of our season is in the crapper. When Free gets back, his contributions are going to be all the more significant since we will be able to play two inside more often.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Tonight may give some data on this poll