View Poll Results: Which best describes your feelings on electronic tickets?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love them.

2 18.18%
  • I'm on the fence

4 36.36%
  • I hate them, and didn't get paper tickets.

3 27.27%
  • I opted for paper tickets.

2 18.18%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you like the electronic tickets?

How's everyone getting the hang of the electronic tickets?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I started using them when I realized I wanted to frame the ticket block from the 20 years of CINTAS year. I was used to paper tickets. E-tickets are just what I'll have to get used to now. There is something about a ticket stub to frame if something amazing ever happens, but no big deal
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    How's everyone getting the hang of the electronic tickets?
    When electronic tickets work, they are great. However, far too often the ticket takers don't know how to quickly and properly scan them or the people in front of you don't bother getting out their phone until the absolute last second.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I started using them when I realized I wanted to frame the ticket block from the 20 years of CINTAS year. I was used to paper tickets. E-tickets are just what I'll have to get used to now. There is something about a ticket stub to frame if something amazing ever happens, but no big deal
    I did this as well, so we've had a bit more practice than most at using them.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Wouldn't say I love them or hate them, or am on the fence either.

The one recommendation I would and have given people is to have them ready(uploaded) before you leave the house. The internet is very suspect at all sporting venues and you could sit there a long time before they eventually upload.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Wouldn't say I love them or hate them, or am on the fence either.

The one recommendation I would and have given people is to have them ready(uploaded) before you leave the house. The internet is very suspect at all sporting venues and you could sit there a long time before they eventually upload.
    You are correct. Always have them uploaded and ready before you leave the house
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

All-Conference
    So I chose the electronic version - and while I consider myself tech savvy, I'm struggling with this one as I've never used Apple wallet.

So do I just get the Apple wallet app and then log-in somehow to link them to download my tickets to the Apple wallet?

If you have a relatively current iPhone, you already have Apple Wallet installed. I haven’t downloaded my tickets yet, but have used Apple Wallet for tickets to other events, airline boarding passes, etc. Works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    This is a funny question for me, because I would love electronic tickets (similar to how I love that most places are going no cash) and the ease of it being on your phone, however I love paper tickets for sporting events because I collect/keep my ticket stubs to big or meaningful games. So I will miss that aspect of paper tickets as this trend only continues to grow.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Not a huge fan of electronic tickets. I like old fashioned paper tickets, but I understand why they don’t. A few years ago I was trying to attend an Atlanta United game and I couldn’t get in. One of their on-site tech guys failed to make it work, then another also failed. The third guy finally made it work, but had to go into my locations settings and set it to where they could always track me, which I didn’t like. It wasn’t the end of the world, I’m pretty boring with nothing to hide, but I figured out how to change it back once we were in.

If I needed THREE “experts”, maybe it’s not as user friendly as they would like to think. I pretty much stink at that stuff, but haven’t have a problem since, probably because I have people more adept around me. The guy at the gate for the Bills/Titans game a week ago laughed at my relief when I got right thru. I said a lot of people have the same reaction.