View Poll Results: Do you agree to get rid of the small hoops schools so the NCAA can make more money?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 6.25%
  • STFU THUGGS

15 93.75%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I mean, hard not to think UConn, Villanova and Gonzaga are about as legitimate as they come. At least in college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I understand that, but I assume they will also want to preserve the legitimacy of their sport so that people will actually watch.
    Just to be clear, for all practical purposes I am totally with you. This will KILL the sport. I think they are GREATLY underestimating the impact that the non-P5 schools have on the popularity of the NCAA Tournament. People love the opening rounds because they want to see the good teams from the small conferences play against P5 caliber teams. If that goes away, then it will substantially impact the intrigue of the tournament. I truly believe that. But, there's no convincing them of that. They think it's all about them, and that it will be a bigger deal if it is only them. Or, at least that's how they want it to end up.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I mean, hard not to think UConn, Villanova and Gonzaga are about as legitimate as they come. At least in college basketball.
    I agree. And in their minds this is a way to make it so those teams are no longer legit.
    Last edited by xubrew; 10-28-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

In a very large sense, it doesn’t matter what Huggy thinks or what any of his counterparts think. The media market value of the NCAA tournament is determined primarily by the television executives.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind about what the television executives think. It has been running the way it has been running since CBS took it over decades ago. They get it. They understand the importance of the current format and of being inclusive. It may sound better to some P5 fans and a few P5 coaches to cut away and shrink it to a P5-like field, but I truly believe the vast majority of people who care about the sport get it.

The Denominator would go down, but the dollar value of a “NCAAT“ Unit would drop like a rock. Ill will and tanked casual viewership would make that happen.
    X A V I E R