4. Marquette 74
    5. Villanova 62
    6. Creighton 54
    7. St. John's 51
    8. Providence 32
    9. Georgetown 27
    10. Xavier 18
    11. Butler 17
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Xavier returns two of its top three scorers from last season in Nia Clark and Kae Satterfield. The Musketeers finished the season with a 5-10 (2-8 BIG EAST) record.

Nia Clark averaged 11.5 points per game last season, ranking second on the team. She also led the team in three pointers made (16) and total steals (26). The Indianapolis, Ind., native averaged 2.0 steals per game, ranking sixth in the BIG EAST and 126th in the NCAA.

Kae Satterfield averaged 9.2 points and 5.9 rebounds per game. She ranked second on the team in rebounding, while ranking 14th in the BIG EAST. The New York, N.Y., native also posted a team-best .468 field-goal percentage (58-for-124).

• The Musketeers welcome seven newcomers to the team this season, comprised of four transfers and three true freshmen. The four transfers are Shelby Calhoun (Virginia Tech), Mikayla Hayes (Florida/Clemson), Taylor Smith (Ole Miss) and Shaila Beeler (Indiana/Vincennes). The true freshman are Kaysia Woods (Lincoln, Neb.), Kaybriana Hallman (Grand Rapids, Mich.) and Aanaya Harris (Omaha, Neb.).
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I'm a bit surprised at how much of a new team this is for this year. A number of players from last year have transferred and will be playing on other teams. Looking forward to the season. Go X!

Well, they're not picked last so they have that. Which is nice.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    I'm a bit surprised at how much of a new team this is for this year. A number of players from last year have transferred and will be playing on other teams. Looking forward to the season. Go X!
    Wow, you're right.
    Last year's leading scorer and rebounder, A'riana Gray, is using her fifth year to play at West Virginia.
    Second- and third-leading scorers Nia Clark and Kae Satterfield are back this year.
    Fourth-leading scorer Carrie Gross, a junior last year, is no longer on the roster, either, after transferring to UNC Wilmington.
    Aaliyah Dunham, who started all 15 games last year, has transferred to Marshall.

Among last year's bench players:
    Morgan Sharps, a sophomore guard from last year's team, transferred to Bowling Green.
    Sarah Leyendecker, a redshirt junior from last year's team, is not on this year's roster.
    Shaulana Wagner, a freshman guard from last year's team, transferred to Wabash Valley Junior College.
    Courtney Prenger, a sophomore forward from last year's team, is on this year's roster.
    Lauren Wasylson, a junior guard from last year's team (who started 12 games), transferred to Duquesne for her two years of remaining eligibility.
    Ayanna Townsend, a redshirt sophomore from last year's team, is on this year's roster.
    Deja Ross, a senior on last year's team, transferred to San Jose State for her fifth year.
    Megan Harkey, a sophomore forward/center on last year's team, is on this year's roster.
    Mackayla Scarlett, a freshman guard on last year's team, is on this year's roster.

There could be a number of reasons for the large turnover. Last year was, well, COVID, so there was that, but also this could be the result of Coach Moore wanting to get her own players into the system. But several of the players who are now gone were touted as program builders coming in. In short: who knows, but the instability continues.

I had not paid attention to the all the turnover. That's concerning in one regard, but I guess we will see what happens this season.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook