Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I did not go to Xavier either, but I cannot stand all things UC sports.

I hope they lose every game in women's field hockey.
    But why? 4-5 reasons would help clarify nicely. Wouldn't your angst be better placed toward OSU? I mean "THE OHIO STATE" University should offend everyone here!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Comparative scoring is a slippery slope. More importantly, I think there are ten plus teams that would beat uc on a neutral field and probably more:

1. Georgia
    2. Alabama
    3. Arkansas
    4. Ole miss
    5. Ohio state
    6. Michigan
    7. Michigan state
    8. Oklahoma
    9. Ok state
    10. Baylor

Not even including Utah, Oregon, penn state etc.
    Oh, I get it......the "I think" is what warranted the idiot comment in the first place. The ol' "opinions-assholes" analogy is at play here.

This is not the proper place for this debate, as any support for anything UC here is somehow considered anti-Xavier. BUT, there is ZERO metrics to support your silly list, other than SOS, which is not controllable. You (like many others) do not give the ND road win any weight, because it doesn't fit your narrative. # of Draft Picks in the spring is a bullet proof metric. UC is in position to garner double digits.....I think your list shrinks significantly when that happens.

Stay in your lane Xville. Musketeer BBall is your schtick.....rapid fire comments on XU, +/- willy-nilly, as you run aside the X bandwagon so you can jump on and off in hilarious fashion. All while extending your lease on ledge space just in case.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-03-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    But why? 4-5 reasons would help clarify nicely. Wouldn't your angst be better placed toward OSU? I mean "THE OHIO STATE" University should offend everyone here!
    Are we in the twilight zone? You realize uc is xavier’s biggest rival right?

I don't have much of a problem with UC football except for the fact that their fans are, you know, UC fans. The facts that Des Ridder is a St. X kid (which automatically makes him awesome) and their best player is named "Sauce" are two huge plusses for this UC team in my book. Plus, Luke Fickell seems downright likeable.

Supporting Member
    Oh, I get it......the "I think" is what warranted the idiot comment in the first place. The ol' "opinions-assholes" analogy is at play here.

This is not the proper place for this debate, as any support for anything UC here is somehow considered anti-Xavier. BUT, there is ZERO metrics to support your silly list, other than SOS, which is not controllable. You (like many others) do not give the ND road win any weight, because it doesn't fit your narrative. # of Draft Picks in the spring is a bullet proof metric. UC is in position to garner double digits.....I think your list shrinks significantly when that happens.

Stay in your lane Xville. Musketeer BBall is your schtick.....rapid fire comments on XU, +/- willy-nilly, as you run aside the X bandwagon so you can jump and off in hilarious fashion. All while extending your lease on ledge space just in case.
    You’re a uc fan…I get it.” Zero metrics, except sos which don’t fit my narrative so you can’t use those” that’s a great argument. So let’s Pick something random like number of draft picks thinking that every one of those programs don’t have just as much if not more than uc. .you’re a funny dude.

And btw kiss my ass for questioning anything about my fan hood. I go to 4-5 games a year even though I live an hour and a half away, have gone to many tournament games, am an alum and give money to all for one and the school itself so seriously gtfo
    Last edited by Xville; 12-03-2021 at 11:30 AM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    1. Growing up I was always 1 of like 2 kids in my class every year who liked Xavier, everyone else liked UC. And whenever X won it was only because "of that is Xavier's Super Bowl, UC doesn't care".

2. Bob Huggins. Need I say more?

3. Kenyon Martin, Bobby Brannen, and late 90's/early 2000's players were the worst.

4. It is so much more fun of a rivalry when you hate the other team.

5. That hate is enough, that I prefer nothing good for any of their sports teams.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Not in football granite head.. X has no football. Can someone explain why bashing EVERYTHING UC here helps. I am totally on board with the bball venom, but why everything else?

why everything else?
    Most of us have met UC fans. That should generally do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Are we in the twilight zone? You realize uc is xavier’s biggest rival right?
    Not in football granite head.. X has no football. Can someone explain why bashing EVERYTHING UC here helps. I am totally on board with the bball venom, but why everything else?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Most of us have met UC fans. That should generally do it.
    NOTHING CLOSE to OSU fans.....end of discussion.... ZERO rebuttal.