Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

College Football 2021

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Hall of Famer
    And uc football fans plummet back to earth. It is Shown once again that there is no chance in hell a non power 5 team is ever going to make the college football playoff as currently constructed

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    And uc football fans plummet back to earth. It is Shown once again that there is no chance in hell a non power 5 team is ever going to make the college football playoff as currently constructed
    I don't have the hate for UC football as I do for UC basketball.

The whole thing is a sham. And I say that not as a UC football fan, but a football fan in general, who is begging to watch an interesting matchup in the Playoff.

Jesus, Oregon probably shouldn't even be in the top 10.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Jesus, Oregon probably shouldn't even be in the top 10.
    I wouldn’t say Oregon is really a top 4 team but they probably do have the best win out of anyone in college football at this point

And they lost to Stanford and play in a conference that's probably worse than the AAC.

College football really needs a rule like the NFL where the coach canít leave if the team is still playing. They might need to move recruiting season a little later to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Hall of Famer
    Making 2 times as much as he did at notre dame and the chance to get the fuck out of never going to win a national championship Indiana? Gee tough choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Making 2 times as much as he did at notre dame and the chance to get the fuck out of never going to win a national championship Indiana? Gee tough choice.
    Meh.. ND was in the playoffs and/or National Championship game 3 out of the 10 years that Kelly coached there and they are definitely in the conversation this year for the playoff. Kinda silly to say never when you are getting directly in the mix every 3 years or so.

This was all about the cash...and the ability to recruit a different kind of athlete
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Meh.. ND was in the playoffs and/or National Championship game 3 out of the 10 years that Kelly coached there and they are definitely in the conversation this year for the playoff. Kinda silly to say never when you are getting directly in the mix every 3 years or so.

This was all about the cash...and the ability to recruit a different kind of athlete
    They get into the playoff or previously the bcs but once there, they are always exposed. Never going to win a national championship there, they recruit at a good level (ironically their best class since probably the early 90s is coming in next year,) not at the level to win a championship, just as you pointed out.

I mean come on all these guys are ego driven, its gotta be killing Kelly that he has realized he can't get it done there.

With that said, thats of course not the only reason...the green and the ability to get the hell out of South Bend im sure are other major factors.
    Last edited by Xville; 11-30-2021 at 07:42 AM.