Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Odom is just freakishly athletic. Interesting to see if there are improvements to his shot.

https://twitter.com/xaviermbb/status...240020484?s=10
    Was it Kyky who had the highest vertical jump?

It’s hard NOT to start getting excited! Thanks for the recap.

I don’t care if there is no defense, shooting 68% from 3 point land is impressive! Can’t wait to see ALL these guys!
    Last edited by xu82; 10-23-2021 at 04:18 PM.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I have no idea why he stayed..makes zero sense to me
    Agree - I hope he has a role, otherwise, not sure why he stayed. I think he can contribute if used correctly. I honestly don't care if he can't guard anyone - he can be a spark plug off the bench in spurts.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    It’s hard NOT to start getting excited! Thanks for the recap.

I don’t care if there is no defense, shooting 68% from 3 point land is impressive! Can’t wait to see ALL these guys!
    Yup, I'm drinking the kool-aid, WE'RE WINNING THE NATTY THIS YEAR BOYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I have no idea why he stayed..makes zero sense to me
    Travis must be a smooth talker… but yea this makes no sense. Guess we will see when the season starts. Injuries happen but it looks like he will struggle to see the floor a lot based on what we know.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Travis must be a smooth talker… but yea this makes no sense. Guess we will see when the season starts. Injuries happen but it looks like he will struggle to see the floor a lot based on what we know.
    This is probably true given the history, but all we “know” now comes from the most hyperbolic poster ever to exist.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Freshman
    My random takes from attending MM (and I left two minutes early):
    • New scoreboard is awesome.
    • I’m aware he was on crutches but they didn’t even introduce Freemantle.
    • No one sitting in the student section (aside from the band).
    • Miles, during warmups, looked incredible. Quick off his feet with great elevation and ATTACKS the rim.
    • Miles, during the scrimmage, looks like he needs some more time. Not very skilled in the post and didn’t finish on a few opportunities around the rim.
    Showed nice touch from 10’ but seemed to get pushed around a bit. Still thin in the upper body.
    • Edwards didn’t show me much if anything at all.
    • Nunge seemed to move well during warmups and is a BIG body.
    • I know some will disagree (in favor of Scruggs) but I think Johnson is the best player on the floor.
    • I was hoping to see Odom take a 3 but he didn’t. Curious if he has been able to transform his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    My random takes from attending MM (and I left two minutes early):
    • New scoreboard is awesome.
    • I’m aware he was on crutches but they didn’t even introduce Freemantle.
    • No one sitting in the student section (aside from the band).
    • Miles, during warmups, looked incredible. Quick off his feet with great elevation and ATTACKS the rim.
    • Miles, during the scrimmage, looks like he needs some more time. Not very skilled in the post and didn’t finish on a few opportunities around the rim.
    Showed nice touch from 10’ but seemed to get pushed around a bit. Still thin in the upper body.
    • Edwards didn’t show me much if anything at all.
    • Nunge seemed to move well during warmups and is a BIG body.
    • I know some will disagree (in favor of Scruggs) but I think Johnson is the best player on the floor.
    • I was hoping to see Odom take a 3 but he didn’t. Curious if he has been able to transform his shot.
    What’s wrong with Odom’s shot? :)
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Showed nice touch from 10’ but seemed to get pushed around a bit. Still thin in the upper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Dieonte Miles is ready for prime time. With 2 years of S&C under his belt, he is very imposing. A complete athletic freak for a guy his size. I was very impressed with how he attacked the basket with no hesitation and could very well be the quickest rim runner in conference.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I think the agreement though is that he’s quick off his feet.

All-Conference
    Honestly, I think we all know that the offense isn't going to run through the bigs, but the bigs have to be some type of threat in the post on the offensive end. I don't think we will see alot of scoring from Miles on post-ups and post moves - he's in there to dunk, block shots, get rebounds, and be a menace for the opposing offense.

I think Nunge, Free and Stanley are capable of getting post buckets. I really hope the Freemantle standing on the 3 point line experiment has ended, unless he's pulling out the opposing big man.