Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah, agreed. So I read Louisville could now fire him without a buyout given what his contract states about Level 1 or Level 2 violations. However I think they would have to do that now right? They couldnt see how the season goes then fire him for cause right? Would be hilarious if so.
    These probably aren't level 1 or 2 violations. I don't know specifically what happened, so I suppose they COULD be, but generally speaking for it to be a level 2 violation there has to be some sort of significant advantage gained. I just don't see how that could happen with a recruiting video and a DOBO running practice that wasn't supposed to.

...and that's what makes this so utterly absurd! Trying to extort Chris Mack over a non-countable coach running practice is like trying to extort you or I for driving with an expired tag. Yes, that's a violation. Yes, there is a small consequence. But it's not THAT big of a deal. No one is going to prison or losing their career over something so innocuous.
    Last edited by xubrew; 10-03-2021 at 04:27 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    These probably aren't level 1 or 2 violations. I don't know specifically what happened, so I suppose they COULD be, but generally speaking for it to be a level 2 violation there has to be some sort of significant advantage gained. I just don't see how that could happen with a recruiting video and a DOBO running practice that wasn't supposed to.

...and that's what makes this so utterly absurd! Trying to extort Chris Mack over a non-countable coach running practice is like trying to extort you or I for driving with an expired tag. Yes, that's a violation. Yes, there is a small consequence. But it's not THAT big of a deal. No one is going to prison or losing their career over something so innocuous.
    You might be the only person on here worried about Mack getting screwed. I know I could care less if he gets fired .

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    You might be the only person on here worried about Mack getting screwed. I know I could care less if he gets fired .
    What makes you think I’m worried?? I’m astounded at how stupid the whole thing is. Gaudio is an idiot for what he tried to do, and think the proper response to this would have been to just laugh at him and then self report it since it wasn’t that big of a deal anyway.

Those probably aren’t level 1 or 2 violations. Had Mack simply reported what had happened, it’s unlikely that anything at all would have happened to him. I’m simply pointing that out. It doesn’t mean that I’m worried about anything or that I even care what happens. I’m not, and I don’t.
    Last edited by xubrew; 10-03-2021 at 05:52 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post

It has been reported by multiple Louisville reporters that they are both level 2 violations.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    It has been reported by multiple Louisville reporters that they are both level 2 violations.
    Interesting...

Well, stuff like that TYPICALLY isn't, but I guess in this case it was. I wonder if it's due to them being repeat and frequent violators, or if there was something in the video or at the practices that was so over the top that it constituted level 2. This is a program that used to hire actual strippers, so...well...I'll take the high road and refrain from making a joke about what kind of recruiting videos they may be making that constituted a more serious violation.
    Last edited by xubrew; 10-04-2021 at 08:06 AM.

I hate to see and then have to open the ut oh threads.
    2023 Sweet 16

You gotta love Mike Bothwell and the Furman Paladins! Is there anyone here that doesn't want Priss Mack to flame out in disgrace? Hopefully this tread title will continue to be apropos!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Mike Pegues will not be a head coach candidate any time soon.
    And Mack’s assembled “talent” does not bode well for the season
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Imagine. All of that money to keep him comfortable, while he sits by a fire at night, thinking about what his legacy will look like. Will the money trump what comes to his mind about that?
    X A V I E R

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Imagine. All of that money to keep him comfortable, while he sits by a fire at night, thinking about what his legacy will look like. Will the money trump what comes to his mind about that?
    He'll probably get a tv gig like all the other losers ESPN trots out every winter. Greenberg, Dakich (oops forgot he recently got the ax from ESPN), and others. I think both the Millers are on tv somewhere doing analysis. Although if Sean wants to come out of retirement I'd take him back in a minute.