Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    A little trivia:

Anyone know what team has the record for lowest score in a game in the shot clock era and how many points they scored?
    Wasn't it Virginia Tech? I think I remember that. It wasn't that long ago.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    A little trivia:

Anyone know what team has the record for lowest score in a game in the shot clock era and how many points they scored?
    I remember Princeton was in a pretty low scoring output awhile ago. Would imagine low 20s would be the record… if it’s under 20 that’s pretty bad though I remember one team (Eastern Michigan or Eastern Washington?) scored 4 points in a half a few years ago so maybe it’s them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    So Memphis lost to 3-6 Georgia who is expected to be dead last in the sec. I think we can stop propping up Iowa state for beating them badly now.
    Iowa State also beat at a good Xavier team and didn’t just beat Memphis, but destroyed them. Iowa State is now 7-0 and clearly much better than they have been. With that said Xavier still should beat them in my opinion and that clearly was not a great game by Xavier, which the circumstances also had something to do with it.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Iowa State also beat at a good Xavier team and didn’t just beat Memphis, but destroyed them. Iowa State is now 7-0 and clearly much better than they have been. With that said Xavier still should beat them in my opinion and that clearly was not a great game by Xavier, which the circumstances also had something to do with it.
    Not saying Iowa state isn’t a good team, I just think pointing to the Memphis win is kind of silly just because they were ranked in the preseason so high. It will be interesting to see Iowa state in conference and the game against creighton this weekend

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Please let the answer be dayton
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Wasn't it Virginia Tech? I think I remember that. It wasn't that long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I remember Princeton was in a pretty low scoring output awhile ago. Would imagine low 20s would be the record… if it’s under 20 that’s pretty bad though I remember one team (Eastern Michigan or Eastern Washington?) scored 4 points in a half a few years ago so maybe it’s them.
    The answer is my Saint Louis Billikens who scored a whole 20 points in a game once (while I was in school there, I think it was around 2006/2007) and if I remember correctly it was against GW.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Here it is, it was 1/10/08, against GW.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/280100045

Majeus' first season (a few years later he had SLU in the top 10, dude is so underrated as a coach) and they were 7/48 from the field, including 1/19 from 3. High scorer had 5 points.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 12-02-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Ouch!!!
    Balls of Steele!!

Not saying Iowa state isn’t a good team, I just think pointing to the Memphis win is kind of silly just because they were ranked in the preseason so high. It will be interesting to see Iowa state in conference and the game against creighton this weekend
    Speaking of Iowa State...

In their game last night against Arkansas Pine Bluff, who is 0-8 against D1 teams so far this year, the UAPB coached called timeout and then made all his players run suicides for the entire timeout. I do believe that is a first!!
    Last edited by xubrew; 12-02-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Speaking of Iowa State...

In their game last night against Arkansas Pine Bluff, who is 0-8 against D1 teams so far this year, the UAPB coached called timeout and then made all his players run suicides for the entire timeout. I do believe that is a first!!
    That's a #ick move IMO.
    Balls of Steele!!

Apparently, if you lose to VT, you're out:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...vmi-story.html
    2023 Sweet 16