Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    After watching the CWS and NYY it got me excited to watch the movie.

Having gone back and watched "Field of Dreams" you have to assume Ray is a terrible farmer. He did sacrifice the ability to farm some of his tillable land, yes. But with the average small family farm being 250 acres of tillable land, and a baseball field being about 2.7 acres, that means he gave up around 1% of land for his field. The average operating profit of a small family farm is 11%. So, Ray would have seen a dip to maybe 9% profit, assuming his cost for the field.

Even if Ray was average at farming, this field would not have bankrupted him in one season. Also, he drives an old VW van, has older equipment, so the overhead is not what it is with an average farmer who has newer equipment and a pickup....

Having grown up on a working farm, I really starting wondering how Ray was going under. I know it is chocked up to Hollywood having no idea
    This post is awesome!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Reds and Cubs in this game next year.
    If I want to watch the Reds play the Cubs with 8000 fans, I would go to a late August, Tuesday night Reds/Cubs game at GABP. I do not need to travel to some corn field in Iowa.

With all due respect to Ray's Dad, and the dozens of baseball fans in Iowa, baseball played in corn fields is highly overrated.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Sophomore
    Nuts I respectfully disagree. I didn't know what to expect when I tuned in and would not have watched the White Sox v Yankees had it been in a stadium but that was frickin awesome. Watching the HR ball disappear over the fence into an empty cornfield wat 10x more enjoyable than watching fans scramble for it.
    Would not pay the going rate a ticket will fetch for next year but being a big Reds fan I will definitely tune in on the TV

+1. Field of Dreams game was fantastic. I wish they weren't doing it again, because it was already perfect. It will only get worse from here.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    +1. Field of Dreams game was fantastic. I wish they weren't doing it again, because it was already perfect. It will only get worse from here.
    Agreed, or at least not do it once a year. It's similar to what hockey did with the winter classic...it was awesome the first time that they did it, now it is done 1-2 times a year and it has become kind of lame.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Love to see it played on the movie field with few fans, interesting ground rules and mics to pickup the chatter and sounds of the game.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)