Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sophomore

Myles Powell suing Seton Hall and Willard

I was surprised how ineffective he seemed at times senior year...
    https://nypost.com/2021/07/15/former...illard-school/

Supporting Member
    Wow that’s crazy if true. The last part about it keeping him from being a lottery pick is an absolute joke though. He is a dime a dozen, and would need to grow about 5-6 inches, and become much more athletic to be a lottery pick.

When I tore my meniscus, I was also told by a doctor that it was only a sprain. Was told to stay off it a couple of weeks and rest it. Of course, that was the worst thing I could have done from a muscle tone and flexibility point of view, so that added time to the rehab. Maybe I should sue that doctor? Nah….I was never going to be any kind of draft pick, except maybe for the US Army.

All-Conference
    If they indeed did know it was a knee injury, and kept it from him, that's some real bad stuff.

But likely hard to prove, but possible. I would hope a coach or doc would never do that to a player. That's lose your license/job stuff.
    Last edited by drudy23; 07-15-2021 at 09:19 AM.

"... said he was told by Willard and the university’s director of sports medicine, Tony Testa, that he had suffered an ankle injury and could continue to play without trouble, according to the suit.

Willard told reporters the night of the injury, against Stony Brook, it was a “serious” ankle sprain and might lead to a “prolonged absence.” Powell, however, played the next game, scoring a game-high 37 points against Michigan State...The lawsuit says Powell continued to play, on the advice of Willard and Testa, but felt pain in his knee."

If he didn't konw the difference between an ankle and a knee he probably should be suing Seton Hall as he couldnt possibly have been receiving much of an education.

thats a 50 foot put if I ever saw one.

I suppose the only way he can prove his claim is if there is some imaging (X-Ray or MRI) that is so absolutely conclusive that it couldn't be mis-diagnosed. But then a doctor would be involved, right? Not just the team trainer I would assume.

And he averaged big numbers and was BE POY. Hard to claim he would have done so much more to go from being undrafted to becoming a lottery pick.

not a good look. And, if he SOMEHOW wins this...it's gonna be the start of a whole new trend.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    thats a 50 foot put if I ever saw one.

I suppose the only way he can prove his claim is if there is some imaging (X-Ray or MRI) that is so absolutely conclusive that it couldn't be mis-diagnosed. But then a doctor would be involved, right? Not just the team trainer I would assume.

And he averaged big numbers and was BE POY. Hard to claim he would have done so much more to go from being undrafted to becoming a lottery pick.

not a good look. And, if he SOMEHOW wins this...it's gonna be the start of a whole new trend.
    Did I read correctly that the physician did NOT have license?

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Did I read correctly that the physician did NOT have license?
    No I think what you read was that it wasn’t a physician. Seems like the team trainer. Probably well educated in his field, but not a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    No I think what you read was that it wasn’t a physician. Seems like the team trainer. Probably well educated in his field, but not a doctor.
    So Tony Testa is the athletic trainer/director of sports medicine, and not an MD, Anthony Festa is the team's physician (and an MD), so maybe that's where some of the mix-up is?

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    So Tony Testa is the athletic trainer/director of sports medicine, and not an MD, Anthony Festa is the team's physician (and an MD), so maybe that's where some of the mix-up is?
    So, Tony Testa and Tony Festa?

Besta luck keeping that straight.