Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JEHARDI View Post
    I guess this paragraph did not fit your narrative?

“Because of its ability to take care of the ball and finish inside, Xavier’s offense was the strength of the team; unfortunately, the defensive end of the floor kept the Musketeers out of the Big Dance”
    On defense I hope to see a lot more press. With the deep bench at guard and multiple bigs it should be a good way to wear out other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    On defense I hope to see a lot more press. With the deep bench at guard and multiple bigs it should be a good way to wear out other teams.
    I’ll bet you any amount of money you want that won’t happen. Steele has said on more than one occasion that he is not a believer in the press. Instead, he believes in half court pressure, man on man. Unfortunately, many of the players he has have feet that are made for zone and not man defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JEHARDI View Post
    I guess this paragraph did not fit your narrative?

“Because of its ability to take care of the ball and finish inside, Xavier’s offense was the strength of the team; unfortunately, the defensive end of the floor kept the Musketeers out of the Big Dance”
    I don’t have a “narrative”. The article covers everything. The results in wins and losses speak for themselves.
    Win games and make the Dance. That is the only narrative. Steele hasn’t done it yet. He blew a 19 point lead vs trash Butler.
    Let’s not see that again.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

On Miles, 15 pounds in two years isn’t bad but not great either. When you are already fit, you don’t get newbie gains from pumping that iron. If he wasn’t than that is his newbie gains. Anything more than 5-10 pounds a year for an already fit individual is most likely not natural.

I have seen guys put on 25 in a year but it took use of illegal drugs. I myself had 25 pounds in year but it was all newbie pains from being on a real program and I had a frame that fit it. After that I saw nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    On Miles, 15 pounds in two years isn’t bad but not great either. When you are already fit, you don’t get newbie gains from pumping that iron. If he wasn’t than that is his newbie gains. Anything more than 5-10 pounds a year for an already fit individual is most likely not natural.

I have seen guys put on 25 in a year but it took use of illegal drugs. I myself had 25 pounds in year but it was all newbie pains from being on a real program and I had a frame that fit it. After that I saw nothing.
    I don’t know. My son was 218 in February and 243 by the end of April. He gets tested as an athlete so nothing illegal but he did up his calories to 8,000 a day. Since then he dropped his calories to around 5,000 a day and is staying around 235. Miles looks bigger to me from the pictures I have seen, not rail thin it does not appear and with his frame you would think he can keep putting on weight. He is young for his grade so it wouldn’t surprise me if he was 250 in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I don’t know. My son was 218 in February and 243 by the end of April. He gets tested as an athlete so nothing illegal but he did up his calories to 8,000 a day. Since then he dropped his calories to around 5,000 a day and is staying around 235. Miles looks bigger to me from the pictures I have seen, not rail thin it does not appear and with his frame you would think he can keep putting on weight. He is young for his grade so it wouldn’t surprise me if he was 250 in a couple of years.
    Sorry let me be specific, you can gain fat which you need if you are lifting heavy. If you are fit and lean already and only want to add muscle, the gains are much slower. 15 pounds in two years is doable naturally for just muscle. I have no idea where he started.

I would be curious to hear where your son started muscle/fat wise and where he finish but understand that’s a tad personal fora chat board.

Coach Steele and staff

If you’re 20 years old, an elite athlete, and you have top notch strength and conditioning coaches and nutritionists, it’s 100% possible natural, and possibly likely.

They are at the height of testosterone production, they have few responsibilities other than play ball and attend class, and they’re (hopefully) hard workers.

Derrick Brown went from 185 as a freshman to 225 as a redshirt junior. I doubt he used PEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by jhelmes37 View Post
    If you’re 20 years old, an elite athlete, and you have top notch strength and conditioning coaches and nutritionists, it’s 100% possible natural, and possibly likely.

They are at the height of testosterone production, they have few responsibilities other than play ball and attend class, and they’re (hopefully) hard workers.

Derrick Brown went from 185 as a freshman to 225 as a redshirt junior. I doubt he used PEDs.
    As part of that, his foot grew about a half inch too big. Ugh…

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    As part of that, his foot grew about a half inch too big. Ugh…
    Don’t remind me…. Stupid big toe….

Quote Originally Posted by jhelmes37 View Post
    If youÂ’re 20 years old, an elite athlete, and you have top notch strength and conditioning coaches and nutritionists, itÂ’s 100% possible natural, and possibly likely.

They are at the height of testosterone production, they have few responsibilities other than play ball and attend class, and theyÂ’re (hopefully) hard workers.

I have been around power lifters my whole life. It doesnÂ’t matter your age. You will have newbie gains when you first start. After that 5-10 pounds of muscle per year is about what a natural human can add. Age just doesnÂ’t matter. If it some of that weight is fat also which when lifting definitely comes, then that explains it. Creatine use will add 5ish pound of water weight.

Celebrities have seemingly normalized huge muscle gains and they just arenÂ’t natural. To put on massive muscle weight that is lean, you would need to have started at a massive deficit or be one of a statistically rare genetic freak.

I put on 20 pounds of weight in 6 months. A lot of it but not all was muscle but I had the bigger frame to do it and was coming from 15 years of road and mountain bike racing where I was trying to limit my bodyÂ’s weight. It was pretty much all newbie weight.