Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Coach Steele and staff

Just wanted to give a little well deserved praise to Coach Steele and his staff for an awesome job reeling in two really promising top 100 prospects (one of which is in the top 50) from the class of 2022. The future is looking brighter by the day!

Not sure how many scholarships are remaining for that season, but it’d be great to see them land a top 100 PF/C who is a beast inside from that class as well.

Note: I believe the Travis Steele thread was closed so I thought I’d open a new one.
    Last edited by IM4X; 07-14-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Just wanted to give a little well deserved praise to Coach Steele and his staff for an awesome job reeling in two really promising top 100 prospects (one of which is in the top 50) from the class of 2022. The future is looking brighter by the day!

Not sure how many scholarships are remaining for that season, but it’d be great to see them land a top 100 PF/C who is a beast inside from that class as well.

Note: I believe the Travis Steele thread was closed so I thought I’d open a new one.
    Add a monster inside and I would be absolutely giddy!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Add a monster inside and I would be absolutely giddy!
    Any idea which bigs we are after? I figured we would try to get a PG (Sean J or Paul M) and maybe pick up a big in the transfer portal.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I am kinda optimistic about the 3 bigs we already have. We know that, if healthy, Nunge will be productive as a true 5 AND he is a very LARGE individual. Plus both Miles and Edwards will get a full year to learn from Jack. I truly believe that Miles will end up developing into a 7' 250-60 athletic center. Then it's already obvious that Cesare is not having any problem adding some significant weight....it looks to be in the form of muscle and he's already a legit 6'10 with a good stroke away from the paint. Good chance one of the two will end up being special.....even both with any luck.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I am kinda optimistic about the 3 bigs we already have. We know that, if healthy, Nunge will be productive as a true 5 AND he is a very LARGE individual. Plus both Miles and Edwards will get a full year to learn from Jack. I truly believe that Miles will end up developing into a 7' 250-60 athletic center. Then it's already obvious that Cesare is not having any problem adding some significant weight....it looks to be in the form of muscle and he's already a legit 6'10 with a good stroke away from the paint. Good chance one of the two will end up being special.....even both with any luck.
    The new big guy MAY indeed be on the roster. Seeing that play out would be new. And awesome!

2022-23 lineup issue.

With a 6'7 top 50 get and 6'6 top 100 sf/sg will Colby Jones (6-5/6) be on the court with these two frosh? Odom is the pg.

I guess one very good player will be coming off the bench

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    2022-23 lineup issue.

With a 6'7 top 50 get and 6'6 top 100 sf/sg will Colby Jones (6-5/6) be on the court with these two frosh? Odom is the pg.

I guess one very good player will be coming off the bench

Add one big, cut down the nets! :-)

Yeah...

There is a chance we do have all the bigs we need on the roster, but the problem is we do not know for sure and we don’t have a “proven” stoppers on the team. Nudge looks good in videos, but he has twice had injuries. Miles is someone I am hoping big things form, but he didn’t play much and when he did play he was not yet an intimidating force in the paint. Edwards could be a legit option, but again his ability to play at a high level in the BE this coming season is uncertain at best. Who will be that beast inside X badly needs gobbling up rebounds and being a reliable stopper. Even Freemantle has struggled quite a bit on defense at times.

So while it is possible we may already have the bigs we need on the team, we have yet to see a 4 and 5 on the court at e same time that look really good for long stretches in a game. A proven high level big will help X win the battle of the boards and get to the foul line more than the opponent. If X gets half way through the season only to realize they are still weak inside on defense, there is not much they can do at that point.
    Last edited by IM4X; 07-14-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Think this guy is the next target:

https://247sports.com/Player/Noah-Clowney-46110266/
    2023 Sweet 16

Yeah, Nunge has to stay healthy to feel good about our line up that features a true 5. Personally I would like to see the vast number of minutes for Free as a stretch 4.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club