Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Duh, we're on National tv every game. Where the hell have you been. And I second the Fuck UC sentiments. The Shootout has lost a lot of it's juice anyway. I understand it's sort of a big deal for the city, but living elsewhere, other than X winning that is just another game on the schedule for me.
    Duh, where you been? NO we're not anywhere close to a National brand. Obviously it's available if you pay extra for the necessary sports package. National is either Big Fox, the other 3 networks or ESPN which is basically included in any standard package. But, yes the Shootout will continue to lose it's "juice" if UC can't right the ship quickly.

Evidently most here are hoping UC basketball tanks so we can pound on them for a few years. If that's the case, you must also want to see an end to the tradition altogether..... It can not exist in today's game W/O BOTH teams having thriving programs.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 08-12-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Duh, where you been? NO we're not anywhere close to a National brand. Obviously it's available if you pay extra for the necessary sports package. National is either Big Fox, the other 3 networks or ESPN which is basically included in any standard package. But, yes the Shootout will continue to lose it's "juice" if UC can't right the ship quickly.

Evidently most here are hoping UC basketball tanks so we can pound on them for a few years. If that's the case, you must also want to see an end to the tradition altogether..... It can not exist in today's game W/O BOTH teams having thriving programs.
    You didn't say national Brand you said national tv. Fox 1 is on almost all cable packages and is not extra. Go hangout on " Bearcat Bullcrap" or whatever they call their fan board if you're so worried about their program. Few if any of the rest of us give a shit what happens in Clifton.

^----- Im with these guys. X could win by 30+ every year, playing with their non scholarship players, and I would still gleefully watch and celebrate. It would never get old

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Pardon my French, but fuck that. UC can kindly fuck off on the AAC secret online streaming network.
    Why any X fan would cheer the Bearketoacidosis squad is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Why any X fan would cheer the Bearketoacidosis squad is beyond me.
    Just because someone likes another school….no matter who they are…..doesn’t mean they like X any less, does it? There are many many families in the Cincinnati area that have ties to both schools. Some of us actually attended both schools, or had parents/children that attended either school. Many of my best friends are UC fans/grads. So I find myself attending some UC games because I like spending time with my friends, and vice versa. If given a choice, I’ll attend/watch a Xavier game over a UC game, but I tend to watch both when their is no conflict. I’m more of a “casual” UC fan and diehard X fan. But since X doesn’t have football, and UC does, my college football allegiance is to UC. That doesn’t make me any less of an X fan.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Just because someone likes another school….no matter who they are…..doesn’t mean they like X any less, does it? There are many many families in the Cincinnati area that have ties to both schools. Some of us actually attended both schools, or had parents/children that attended either school. Many of my best friends are UC fans/grads. So I find myself attending some UC games because I like spending time with my friends, and vice versa. If given a choice, I’ll attend/watch a Xavier game over a UC game, but I tend to watch both when their is no conflict. I’m more of a “casual” UC fan and diehard X fan. But since X doesn’t have football, and UC does, my college football allegiance is to UC. That doesn’t make me any less of an X fan.
    Turncoat.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Turncoat.
    Petition to change his name to Benedict Arnold!

2023 Sweet 16

It is interesting how most the team analyses mentions the freshman and/or the rank of the recruiting class, yet no mention at all in the Xavier analysis. It speaks to the veteran depth that Xavier is going to have and not needing to rely on freshmen as many of teams seem to be (in this article).

The pieces seem to be in place. It's up to the coaches (gulp).
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

I have never been a Butler fan, but with all that experience returning, they should be middle of the pack in BE.