Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I thiink the problem is more easily solved if those who think they will be generating a majority of the revenue and think that a college scholarship is not adequate compensation simply opt out of the NCAA system. Given that they are so valuable and will generate such significant revenue, there willl certainly be better paying alternatives for them. I wish them great luck.
    Yep, again nobody is forcing them into this deal. Take it or leave it. Your call. Good luck!

Sophomore
    I thiink the problem is more easily solved if those who think they will be generating a majority of the revenue and think that a college scholarship is not adequate compensation simply opt out of the NCAA system. Given that they are so valuable and will generate such significant revenue, there willl certainly be better paying alternatives for them. I wish them great luck.
    Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum… If the backup center at UN Omaha is struggling financially because he’s not getting fairly compensated for his basketball contribution, I’ve got a similar solution for him.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Yep, again nobody is forcing them into this deal. Take it or leave it. Your call. Good luck!
    Lol, you sound like a horrible person.

Edit:
    Hey look another billion being added to College Football $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...on/7657072002/
    Last edited by Drew; 06-11-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Yep, xu82, well known horrible person around these parts.

I sense a bit of projection....

Yep, xu82, well known horrible person around these parts.

I sense a bit of projection....
    Thanks! I have a reputation to uphold! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum… If the backup center at UN Omaha is struggling financially because he’s not getting fairly compensated for his basketball contribution, I’ve got a similar solution for him.
    It would be helpful if you would define “fairly compensated”.

I think the free education is enormous compensation. Beyond that, I’ve always been willing to pay them (preferably need based) like the student cafeteria worker for a little spending money based on the hours they spend on their sport.

Sophomore

I think the free education is enormous compensation. Beyond that, I’ve always been willing to pay them (preferably need based) like the student cafeteria worker for a little spending money based on the hours they spend on their sport.
    Sorry, ”fairly compensated” = tongue in cheek. Anyway, I agree completely that a scholarship is enormous compensation. And doesn’t cost of attendance already provide spending money? Wasn’t that the point?

I guess what I don’t get more than anything is, which players are complaining here? I mean, I would’ve given just about anything to play college football or basketball on any level, but I wasn’t good enough. And to get a scholarship to do so at a power program? Wow, what a racket.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

They do get some form of monetary compensation. This may be outdated but, $400.00/month for full ride. If a player is on 50% scholarship then they receive 50% of the $400.00 which is $200.00/month. This is for all sports, men's and women's.
    Balls of Steele!!

Now that this is mentioned, I do recall hearing that they got some kind of stipend to pay for basics. That makes perfect sense to me. I mean, the kids have to be able to buy toothpaste and pizza!

Junior
    I mean that’s a good point. If they don’t think scholarship and everything that comes with it is adequate compensation they have options to go elsewhere and get paid. It’s a little more difficult for football but I’ve seen some of these other leagues popping up might go after college kids.

Regardless, there are absolutely plenty of opportunities for basketball players to go get paid.