Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior

Big 12 BE challenge

Once again X gets the shitty pairing in a challenge . X v OK St. Yeah they may be very good but , the Cowboys do not have any pizzazz.

Where? Please say Stillwater.

Junior
    Yes at Stillwater

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Yes at Stillwater
    At least a chance for a good roadkill against a hopefully good opponent, granted they'll be without ole' Cade... I'd be shocked if we didn't draw WVU once, just for the Huggins storyline though... surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Supporting Member
    They should be a tourney team even without Cade, so I like the matchup...yeah it’s not Kansas but I’ll take it.

Junior
    I mean at this point it isn’t like X is a big draw in these classics. That’s what happens when you miss the tournament three years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I mean at this point it isn’t like X is a big draw in these classics. That’s what happens when you miss the tournament three years in a row.
    That’s not how it works. If it was then Villanova would be playing Kansas every year. They rotate it and also have to fit it in the schedules. Similar to the Big 10 challenge. When Xavier was a year removed from a #1 seed they were matched up with TCU. Not sure how long this thing runs but would imagine they would get matched up with West Virginia.

Would also be nice if at some point with the Big 10 games that they could get matched with Michigan State or Ohio State. Which brings up the question, is Xavier involved in the Gavitt games this year? I think they are supposed to be but have not heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Would also be nice if at some point with the Big 10 games that they could get matched with Michigan State or Ohio State. Which brings up the question, is Xavier involved in the Gavitt games this year? I think they are supposed to be but have not heard anything.
    I believe they pushed back the games from last year, and we will be playing Wisconsin (again) on the road. Can't find anything on the google machine that will confirm this.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I believe they pushed back the games from last year, and we will be playing Wisconsin (again) on the road. Can't find anything on the google machine that will confirm this.
    Thanks I think that’s right. Not sure why it’s written in the contract that Xavier always has to play Wisconsin in these games.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Thanks I think that’s right. Not sure why it’s written in the contract that Xavier always has to play Wisconsin in these games.
    Yeah, not gonna lie, I'm incredibly bored of playing Wisconsin, that Michigan year was pretty fun, that'd be one I'd welcome again, but Michigan State, Indiana, Ohio State, Illinois... and we KEEP getting Wisconsin. Annoying.