Here’s the Enquirer article you’ve all been waiting for…lots of information!

Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

Xavier basketball offseason notes: Injury updates, recruiting, next season's play style

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ay/5003464001/

Thanks for the link.
    Curious about roster size. The article noted X has 12, and Steele said he might add one more.
    Didn't the Covid situation with players allowed an extra year create a situation where scholarships totals could be larger than 13?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Thanks for the link.
    Curious about roster size. The article noted X has 12, and Steele said he might add one more.
    Didn't the Covid situation with players allowed an extra year create a situation where scholarships totals could be larger than 13?
    Yes….but only if the school wants to do it. Even with Scruggs and Johnson coming back and 3 newcomers, X still only has 12 scholarship players. Considering how hard it is for coaches to find real playing time for more than 10-11 players, I doubt very seriously if we see rosters swelling past 13 unless there are multiple redshirts,

A few points in noticed….Edwards at 225lbs, all the listings I’ve seen in recruiting sites has him listed at 190-200 lbs. Miles up to 230+, maybe he can actually contribute this year. Tucker could be the real wild card. Reading between the lines, it seems that if he shows up on campus ready physically to compete them X will stand pat. But if they need someone to fill that spot they will try to bring someone additional in.

Yes thanks for sharing and all good stuff. Knew the new transfer rules and what it has done to the portal, but reading Steele’s comments about only adding 3 new freshmen potentially per year moving forward was quite the reality check.

Sophomore

i am hopeful for Stanley especially

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Yes thanks for sharing and all good stuff. Knew the new transfer rules and what it has done to the portal, but reading Steele’s comments about only adding 3 new freshmen potentially per year moving forward was quite the reality check.
    If you see his youtube against Howard you will see a multi skilled offensive player and decent rebounder. Similar size to Naj(probably not defender or ball handler) and a lefty which certainly worked well for Kanter. I hope he can come back strong and if we had him this year to spell (replace?) Carter in some situations i think some outcomes would have been different.

I like the size we'll have with Nunge, Free, Edwards.. Miles gaining more weight is huge too, I truly hope he's ready to contribute, all those things are correct, we should be better defensively at the rim, we'll see about the offense though. Happy to hear that Nate's almost back to full speed, I really liked his game last year and watching him go off on Oklahoma was a treat. Optimistic, hopefully Steele can grow too.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I like the size we'll have with Nunge, Free, Edwards.. Miles gaining more weight is huge too, I truly hope he's ready to contribute, all those things are correct, we should be better defensively at the rim, we'll see about the offense though. Happy to hear that Nate's almost back to full speed, I really liked his game last year and watching him go off on Oklahoma was a treat. Optimistic, hopefully Steele can grow too.
    The offense should be fine. It was 49th in the country last year and that’s after it took a big hit when Johnson went down. The year before Xavier was 99th. Another improvement next year along with better defensive cohesion should produce better overall results and should easily be a tournament team. If not it would be a huge failure by the coaching staff.