Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Stricker

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I

Steve Stricker

I am staying with friends in a Birmingham, Alabama community that is hosting the senior PGA this weekend. I was standing next to the 14th green when Stricker's group came through. Stricker walked past me to confer with Mike Weir on his ball location. I really wanted to whisper JP Macura's name to Stricker, but figured I would either be kicked out of the tournament or Stricker would have attacked me with a golf club. So (sadly) I kept silent.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I am staying with friends in a Birmingham, Alabama community that is hosting the senior PGA this weekend. I was standing next to the 14th green when Stricker's group came through. Stricker walked past me to confer with Mike Weir on his ball location. I really wanted to whisper JP Macura's name to Stricker, but figured I would either be kicked out of the tournament or Stricker would have attacked me with a golf club. So (sadly) I kept silent.
    If you wore X gear that’s all you needed to do. Always rep!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Did you do the Gator Clap when he walked past?

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Did you do the Gator Clap when he walked past?
    Definitely should have. I'm back on the course today, and will bear that in mind.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I used to be a fan of his, but after his comments about JP and X I no longer am. I hope he 3 putts every green!

Supporting Member
    F him seriously... I’d follow his dumbass around and yell bush league after every single shot of his

Didn't see him Saturday, and left Birmingham Sunday morning. But Charles Barkley came by the house party where I was being wined and dined on 14. Seems like a really nice guy. Wanted to ask him if Jim Nance was as funny as he appears in those ads, but didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Didn't see him Saturday, and left Birmingham Sunday morning. But Charles Barkley came by the house party where I was being wined and dined on 14. Seems like a really nice guy. Wanted to ask him if Jim Nance was as funny as he appears in those ads, but didn't.
    We ask you to do one thing- obnoxiously do the Gator clap to Stricker- and this is your excuse? And don't give us any other excuse like, "I didn't want to embarrass my host by getting thrown out of the tournament."

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    F him seriously... I’d follow his dumbass around and yell bush league after every single shot of his
    Of course you would! Would we expect anything different from you? After all, you're such a classy guy...

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Of course you would! Would we expect anything different from you? After all, you're such a classy guy...
    Please stop. You're coming across as an internet stalker.