Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby 2021

Junior
    According to Baffert, the horse must have self medicated. Because ala Sgt Schultz, Baffert claims " I know nothing".

I believe it happened. Folks on the backside were talking about the potential the night after the race per some of my friends who used to work for some of the trainers there. I personally will not bet on a race that has a Baffert horse in it. Yes, I’m sure there’s others who do it, but it seems blatant with Baffert. Isn’t this his fifth case in the past year? He’s passing the Lance Armstrong standard.
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Supporting Member
    It’s Baffert, it happened. The guy is a cheat and has been caught something like 29 times in 5 years? I know he has a ton of horses, but that’s still a lot. I love the defense he is using...sounds like a mix between NCAA coaches, Rafael palmeiro, and Mark mcgwire

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    It’s Baffert, it happened. The guy is a cheat and has been caught something like 29 times in 5 years? I know he has a ton of horses, but that’s still a lot. I love the defense he is using...sounds like a mix between NCAA coaches, Rafael palmeiro, and Mark mcgwire
    Wow, that many? Do you have a link to that?

P.S. I found it.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ks/3741772001/

Say it ain't so, Justify:

https://tuesdayshorse.wordpress.com/...-triple-crown/
    Last edited by XU 87; 05-10-2021 at 05:43 PM.

I heard Mike Battaglia, a horse racing analyst, on the radio today. He was asked to describe the excess quantity of the banned substance that was found. He said it’s the equivalent of 7 salt crystals in a swimming pool. Assuming he’s accurate, that seems pretty insignificant. But then, what do I know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I heard Mike Battaglia, a horse racing analyst, on the radio today. He was asked to describe the excess quantity of the banned substance that was found. He said it’s the equivalent of 7 salt crystals in a swimming pool. Assuming he’s accurate, that seems pretty insignificant. But then, what do I know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Interesting... mike knows way more than I do about this but twice the legal limit sounds significant to me

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Wow, that many? Do you have a link to that?

P.S. I found it.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ks/3741772001/

Say it ain't so, Justify:

https://tuesdayshorse.wordpress.com/...-triple-crown/
    Not sure what the courier journal link said since it is behind a paywall, but I heard the stat wrong..it’s 30 over 40 years so very big difference. He has had four in the last year though.

So, the legal limit is 3 salt crystals per swimming pool?

I'd say getta bigger pool.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Not sure what the courier journal link said since it is behind a paywall, but I heard the stat wrong..it’s 30 over 40 years so very big difference. He has had four in the last year though.
    Yea, 29 in 40 years, but the paper made it sound like that’s a lot, relatively speaking.