Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bengals 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    There are currently 10 AVAILABLE lineman that got first round grades and another 20 with second round grades. There's a reason teams like Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Phiily...grabbed skilled players when they also needed OL help. At least tell me you understand why the Bengals did what they did. You can predict failure all you want but there was actually some pretty sound reasoning behind why they waited for an OL. Hell, they might even trade back a few spots tonight and grab an extra 3-4th rounder.
    No I don’t understand why they did what they did. Do you think those teams draft a WR at 5 or Sewell? Pittsburgh drafting a RB in the first round also is questionable. Their running game issues were not due to a RB issue. But I’m happy they did!

Lol. Bengals reaching for a guy they could have got in the 3rd (or possibly the 4th). It's the Bungle way. Poor Burrow. Maybe he should pull a Rodgers and demand a trade. We could have had Sewell...

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    There are currently 10 AVAILABLE lineman that got first round grades and another 20 with second round grades. There's a reason teams like Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Phiily...grabbed skilled players when they also needed OL help. At least tell me you understand why the Bengals did what they did. You can predict failure all you want but there was actually some pretty sound reasoning behind why they waited for an OL. Hell, they might even trade back a few spots tonight and grab an extra 3-4th rounder.
    Understand why they did what they did, but still disagree with it 100%. Going into last season everyone was concerned about Burrow getting hurt because of the offensive line. Three games in, everyone was thinking he wouldn't last the entire season. Half way through the season everyone was hoping the Bengals would get lucky and Burrow would escape without and injury.

It would be different if Joe Burrow wasn't a Franchise quarterback. But he is. Period. So that's why I disagree with not taking an OL with your first round pick. It's about protecting your franchise quarterback.
    Balls of Steele!!

Think the Bengals are going to draft the entire 2020 LSU championship team.

So they ended up drafting 7 defensive & offensive lineman. Hopefully they got some good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    So they ended up drafting 7 defensive & offensive lineman. Hopefully they got some good ones.
    Man, it's hard being a Bengals fan. Hope Chase doesn't drop his credentials to get into the stadium.
    2018 Big East Champs!

17 games this year. I say 7-10. Mike Brown will then say, "We're improving!!"

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    17 games this year. I say 7-10. Mike Brown will then say, "We're improving!!"
    And they'll likely go 5-2 their last 7

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Hope Chase doesn't drop his credentials to get into the stadium.
    Public reps!

I think the Bengals will be 7-10 or 8-9, with an outside shot at 9-8 if they catch a break or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.