Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sophomore

Recent twitter posting NFL and former Xavier star Dan Abramowicz

In the mid-sixties, Dan Abramowicz caught quite a few passes from Xavier great quarterback Carroll Williams. Abramowicz went on to a NFL career with the Saints and 49ers. Purportedly, when he was cut by Tom Fears, Dan refused to leave. At one time, he held the NFL record for consecutive games with a pass reception. I believe it was around 101 games and was broken in the early 80's by the Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver, Harold Carmichael. Rumor had it that Carmichael could throw a football 100 yards leading to one pundit's observation that could have led to the ultimate spike....one in the other end zone.

https://twitter.com/Ol_TimeFootball/...483098112?s=20

A few of us here were lucky enough to see him play at Corcoran field.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgyp View Post
    In the mid-sixties, Dan Abramowicz caught quite a few passes from Xavier great quarterback Carroll Williams. Abramowicz went on to a NFL career with the Saints and 49ers. Purportedly, when he was cut by Tom Fears, Dan refused to leave. At one time, he held the NFL record for consecutive games with a pass reception. I believe it was around 101 games and was broken in the early 80's by the Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver, Harold Carmichael. Rumor had it that Carmichael could throw a football 100 yards leading to one pundit's observation that could have led to the ultimate spike....one in the other end zone.

https://twitter.com/Ol_TimeFootball/...483098112?s=20
    I saw that tweet. Had no idea the WR was an X guy. Thanks for sharing.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I was in grade school, but remember going to X football games in the 60s with my dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I knew of his NFL career, and I knew he was a Xavier guy before my time. He was Xavier before we were XAVIER!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'd heard of Abramowicz in the respect that he was the Saints' first real franchise superstar. It wasn't until later on that I learned about his Xavier ties.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    And getting to be fewer and fewer.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I saw that tweet. Had no idea the WR was an X guy. Thanks for sharing.
    If you are haunted by ghostly figure the next few nights, might just be Grandpa; tell him John Shinners and Jim Stofko and you can rest easy again.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

I had a year at X where I had all the jocks in my classes. Danny was a joker, kept everybody loose. 17th round NFL/420th pick. Isn't Shinners BJ's pop-in-law?
    Man we're getting up there in years.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I had a year at X where I had all the jocks in my classes. Danny was a joker, kept everybody loose. 17th round NFL/420th pick. Isn't Shinners BJ's pop-in-law?
    Man we're getting up there in years.
    His daughter is an X grad and married my college roommate. They live in Crestview Hills. She and I lived together for a year while he was in Law school.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens