Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Naji Marshall

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Stan Van Gundy has been praising Naji’s intelligence and instincts on the court.
    Wait!!! All I heard from some on this board was that last year was the “dumbest” Xavier team they’d ever seen and Naji was a big part of that?
    Hmmmm.
    Maybe the turnovers and bad play were the result of bad offensive design and trash schemes where guys weren’t coached to a clear idea of what to do and where to be?
    Defintion of a broken record.....

Quote Originally Posted by JEHARDI View Post
    It certainly can get tiresome.

There is no question that Naji often didn’t value the ball. They did not appear to be very well coached at times, but he was certainly not showing smart basketball decisions at times. It can be both.
    Last edited by xu82; 04-18-2021 at 10:09 PM.

All-Conference
    He also needs to play a certain role in the NBA if he wants to continue to work. He's not looked upon as being "the guy".

Huge difference from his role at X when he tried to do everything.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    He also needs to play a certain role in the NBA if he wants to continue to work. He's not looked upon as being "the guy".

Huge difference from his role at X when he tried to do everything.
    This is also true. I hope he finds the Goldie Locks zone where he can find his niche and hang in the Bigs for a long, long time.

Thank you!
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Until Steele stops misusing rosters and players, stops losing winnable games like Butler the last two years and actually wins in February and March you’ll keep hearing it. Denial is not a River in Egypt.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Until Steele stops misusing rosters and players, stops losing winnable games like Butler the last two years and actually wins in February and March you’ll keep hearing it. Denial is not a River in Egypt.
    Well, on behalf of just about everyone else on the board, could you stop? We get it- you think Steele is incompetent and a bad coach. How many more times do you have to tell us?

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Well, on behalf of just about everyone else on the board, could you stop? We get it- you think Steele is incompetent and a bad coach. How many more times do you have to tell us?
    I agree. How many different times/ways are you going to say the same thing. If you feel so strongly about it why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and indicate how much money you’re willing to commit to funding his buyout.

This is probably the only thing MOR and I agree on. Steele has a lot of flexibility to learn now to season's start. There is a not-so-small group of KU posters on one of their sites that complain about the same thing of their HOF coach. The number of good NBA level players to go through that program should have resulted in 2-3 titles. Some see Self as being too strict to his system.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Until others stop trying to be clever to prove otherwise. He did quote my post after all. And where is his, and your response to defend Steele after my take?
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 04-19-2021 at 02:24 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell