Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Naji Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Until others stop trying to be clever to prove otherwise. He did quote my post after all. And where is his, and your response to defend Steele after my take?
    This thread is not about Steele, it's about Naji Marshal, yet you feel the need to once again turn an unrelated thread into how bad you think Steele is. You have told us this literally hundreds and hundreds of times this past year. It may even be in the thousands. People are tired of reading these same complaints over and over and over again. Trust me, we get it- you don't like Steele and think he's a bad coach.

I used to really like reading your posts. Isn't there anything else you have to say other than how bad you think Steele is?

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    This thread is not about Steele, it's about Naji Marshal, yet you feel the need to once again turn an unrelated thread into how bad you think Steele is. You have told us this literally hundreds and hundreds of times this past year. It may even be in the thousands. People are tired of reading these same complaints over and over and over again. Trust me, we get it- you don't like Steele and think he's a bad coach.

I used to really like reading your posts. Isn't there anything else you have to say other than how bad you think Steele is?
    Plenty if you read.
    Look. I get really sick of “internet experts” on this Board opining badly about really good college basketball players who are not getting paid, working their asses off and playing hard as hell for the school on the front of their jerseys and for the fans of that school. Some of the commentary last year about why Xavier lost games- A LOT of it- was how the players on that team were dumb and stupid. Players, mind you, who were getting a Xavier education. Jumping all over those players, while absolving the coach from his obvious mistakes and lousy schemes that created turnover after turnover, a coach who is handsomely paid to do better, is pure bullsheet. When a guy like Naji, who was trashed incessantly for his IQ, succeeds at a higher level and earns the praise of a long term NBA coach, you bet I’m going to point out the bullsheet.
    I’m done talking about this. Naji is showing the bullsheet with his play. That’s all that’s needed to be said.
    #DanceOrDie
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 04-19-2021 at 06:37 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I’m done talking about this.
    That would be awesome.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    That would be awesome.
    Amen

That would be awesome.
    Make sure that you apply the same comment to those who call Xavier players “dumb”.

Make sure that you apply the same comment to those who call Xavier players “dumb”.
    I sure will...when those people do it four times a day, six months in a row.

That would be awesome.
    I’ll believe it when I see it....or actually don’t see it.

There is a difference between questioning basketball decisions and calling a player/person “dumb”. I’ve never even met the guy! I don’t remember anyone ever calling the person “dumb”.

He certainly won us some games, but he also had some very questionable decision making while trying to do too much. It’s a double edged sword.

It seems you are sticking up for Naji in yet another attempt to bash Steele. We get it, you want him gone. Since I have no control, I won’t let it make me crazy. I will not crusade. I will just hope he grows into the job because that would be best for all of us.
    Last edited by xu82; 04-19-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    There is a difference between questioning basketball decisions and calling a player/person “dumb”. I’ve never even met the guy! I don’t remember anyone ever calling the person “dumb”.

He certainly won us some games, but he also had some very questionable decision making while trying to do too much. It’s a double edged sword.

It seems you are sticking up for Naji in yet another attempt to bash Steele. We get it, you want him gone. Since I have no control, I won’t let it make me crazy. I will not crusade. I will just hope he grows into the job because that would be best for all of us.
    I don’t want him “gone”, now. Don’t put words in my mouth. I want to make the Tournament. I want Xavier to return to the level of basketball success that we previously were located.
    If in his Fourth year as head coach he is unable to deliver the simple task of making the NCAA Tournament, that is, being in the upper 45 (in NET) of D1 College Basketball programs then, yes.
    #DanceOrDie
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 04-19-2021 at 09:24 PM.

I don’t want him “gone”, now. Don’t put words in my mouth. I want to make the Tournament. I want Xavier to return to the level of basketball success that we previously were located.
    If in his Fourth year as head coach he is unable to deliver the simple task of making the NCAA Tournament, that is, being in the upper 45 (in NET) of D1 College Basketball programs then, yes.
    #DanceOrDie

Flimsy post there. Your intent is painfully clear.

I want the dance every year too, but your complaints don’t help. In fact, they may hurt to some degree.

I totally respect the level of your fandom and support. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I’ll just express my hope for the future a little differently.
    Last edited by xu82; 04-19-2021 at 11:18 PM.