Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Naji Marshall

Junior

Naji Marshall

...posted 16 points, 11 boards and 6 dimes in 33 minutes of run with the Pelicans last night.

Go Naji! You made me CRAZY, but I wish all the best!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Naji has been awesome, and a huge fan favorite over the last week or two.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Stan Van Gundy has been praising Naji’s intelligence and instincts on the court.
    Wait!!! All I heard from some on this board was that last year was the “dumbest” Xavier team they’d ever seen and Naji was a big part of that?
    Hmmmm.
    Maybe the turnovers and bad play were the result of bad offensive design and trash schemes where guys weren’t coached to a clear idea of what to do and where to be?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Stan Van Gundy has been praising Naji’s intelligence and instincts on the court.
    Wait!!! All I heard from some on this board was that last year was the “dumbest” Xavier team they’d ever seen and Naji was a big part of that?
    Hmmmm.
    Maybe the turnovers and bad play were the result of bad offensive design and trash schemes where guys weren’t coached to a clear idea of what to do and where to be?
    Or maybe it's because he has to play within the system if he wants to earn/keep a well-playing job. There were no repercussions playing at X with the lack of depth on the bench and no pay.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Or maybe it's because he has to play within the system if he wants to earn/keep a well-playing job. There were no repercussions playing at X with the lack of depth on the bench and no pay.
    So he wasn’t dumb after all but just undermining the team’s efforts? That would seem counterproductive to his long term goal.
    Or, just maybe he took too much upon himself to SAVE the team from uncertain outcomes?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    So he wasn’t dumb after all but just undermining the team’s efforts? That would seem counterproductive to his long term goal.
    Or, just maybe he took too much upon himself to SAVE the team from uncertain outcomes?
    There is no doubt being the best player on the team he put more on his shoulders. He doesn't have to do that anymore with all the talent on the Pelicans.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Naji and the Pelicans are about to tip off on ESPN in a few minutes - in case anybody wants to check it out.

At the half for Naji:

11 mins, 5 points, 1 rebound, 2 assist, 1 steal, 2/6 from the field
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Final line today:

25 mins, 9 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 2/7 from the field, 4/4 from the FT line.