Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    That’s a meh kind of field. X should win that with the roster they have. We’ll see
    Don’t know how we can look down at this field as going in we will probably be rated third of the four

I am ranking what I believe is the current X roster according to importance to X's winning next year.

10 Kunkel
    9 Miles
    8Tandy
    7 Stanley
    6 Nunge
    5 Jones
    4 Odom
    3 Johnson
    2 Scruggs
    1 Freemantle

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I am ranking what I believe is the current X roster according to importance to X's winning next year.

10 Kunkel
    9 Miles
    8Tandy
    7 Stanley
    6 Nunge
    5 Jones
    4 Odom
    3 Johnson
    2 Scruggs
    1 Freemantle
    You can rank them how you like.....

We need an additional big man banger to help for sure....and I am optimistic that we will get one. The Nunge pick up was solid, but we need more post presence.

Otherwise we look A LOT like last year.

Now, Edwards can help but he's frosh. Tucker looks like he needs to add to his frame quite a bit. Could be a redshirt guy?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

We need an additional big man banger to help for sure....and I am optimistic that we will get one. The Nunge pick up was solid, but we need more post presence.

Now, Edwards can help but he's frosh. Tucker looks like he needs to add to his frame quite a bit. Could be a redshirt guy?
    Joey Brunk is leaving IU. He's had some injuries, sat out all last season, but when healthy he's a pretty decent post player. He's another one of those guys where it was between us and Butler, he chose Butler because at the time his Dad was terminally ill. Staying in Indy meant he could spend more time with his family. He's a big body, not some 6'11" 210 pounder.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Joey Brunk is leaving IU. He's had some injuries, sat out all last season, but when healthy he's a pretty decent post player. He's another one of those guys where it was between us and Butler, he chose Butler because at the time his Dad was terminally ill. Staying in Indy meant he could spend more time with his family. He's a big body, not some 6'11" 210 pounder.
    Pass would rather develop Miles and others...unless we can get a real difference maker

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Wow. Six seasons in College. He already has a Master's Degree, maybe he'll stick around for a Phd.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

I bet X is done with transfers with 12 roster spots taken.
    Post has 3-4 possible answers.

Stainbrook's cousin won't be coming anytime soon

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    This is the first reply to the tweet I see. So I am still confused.

"The NIT? Like that tournament VA Tech would’ve played in this year if they didn’t cancel all their games against the top teams in the ACC?"
    When I call it up, the first reply says "Makes sense because they all belong in the NIT"

Sophomore
    I hope you guys got a chance to read the Banners "Season In Review" article. This passage bears repeating:

"Xavier came back after another Covid break 20 days later and beat Butler. It was not a thing of beauty, but the Musketeers were at their high water mark. Immediately after that game, Xavier went on another Covid break. It was another 14 days before they would play again. In a 41 day stretch, the team was together a grand total of eight times. The cohesion and flow that had brought success early in the season were lost. It was at this point that the Musketeers season was derailed. Even the best of teams, and Xavier had looked like that at points, would struggle with never seeing each other."

These facts cannot be ignored when assessing the season. I have no idea how the number of missed practices compares with other schools, but I do know that XU played the 2nd lowest number of games in the BE - and were well below the median/average. You should also note that XU knocked out a huge chunk of games very early in the season, thus highlighting the impact in the lack of games (and practices) down the stretch:

DePaul 19
    Xavier 21
    UConn 23
    Butler 25
    Villanova 25
    Providence 26
    G-town 26
    Marquette 27
    Seton Hall 27
    St. John's 27
    Creighton 31

https://www.bannersontheparkway.com/...nd-a-reckoning

I also thought this comment by kyzrex on MM regarding the article was also worth repeating over here:

"My friend, if you think that the only reason X has not seen the success that you seemingly think they should have seen these last few years is because of the head coach, then your insight into the program is very very limited. There are many more problems than that, and in many ways run much deeper than just one man. No matter what position that one man may have. I thought the BOTP article touched on many things, including the limitations to practice time that Carter endured, that went far beyond what any single person could control. I might also point out that the article points out that the limited playing time that KyKy had was not unjustly decided upon, but was in many ways based upon IN-GAME production and play. He’s simply not that good of a player. Carter may have gotten much more playing time (at a different position than KyKy) than KyKy, even if he wasn’t practicing, but in reality that had no effect on why KyKy was or wasn’t playing. In KyKy’s case there were many other options to go to. In Carter’s there were very few or no other options. Injuries and other problems took away the front court depth and quite simply (based on information presented in the article) Carter HAD to play as there was no one else available much of the time."

http://www.musketeermadness.com/boar...27a46d337eadc1

As a side note, personally, I feel very badly for Jason Carter and all the arrows he took from fans on this board and on social media. The guy gave us his best, and that's about as much as you can ask from anyone who commits to our program.