Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Can we hire Brannen? It would be a marked upgrade.
    Considering Brannen is 0-11 against Xavier as a head coach and an assistant and 0-2 against Travis, as well as having more losses to teams not in a quad 1 or 2 in one year than Travis has in three, doesn’t scream upgrade. John Brannen is not a good coach and sounds like a major prick to play for. Yeah that would be a disaster. I think UC realized they needed him out ASAP to try to save the program from becoming East Carolina.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Considering Brannen is 0-11 against Xavier as a head coach and an assistant and 0-2 against Travis, as well as having more losses to teams not in a quad 1 or 2 in one year than Travis has in three, doesn’t scream upgrade. John Brannen is not a good coach and sounds like a major prick to play for. Yeah that would be a disaster. I think UC realized they needed him out ASAP to try to save the program from becoming East Carolina.
    3 years of garbage.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

3 years of garbage.
    So you want to replace with worse garbage?

Junior
    He must have been one of the posters who thought X missed out on Brannen or something.

3 years of garbage.
    sounds vaguely familiar
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I’m not sold on Steele, he has a big year upcoming, but suggesting Brannen would be an upgrade is interesting to say the least.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Sean to UC is a silly idea on a bunch of levels. Sean is a great guy who did dumb things and will have to pay for those. A shame. He is the best coach in Xavier's history and those tap-dancing on his firing are, to say the least, interesting.

Archie to UC has been way-overblown, and I'd be beyond shocked if that is the way they go. Cunningham is a bit of a wild-card, for sure, and no one is more desperate to get this hire right and ease a lot of the "this was so poorly handled" comments out there (and it was truly SO POORLY HANDLED) than he is, but I will be blown away if Archie is the guy.

If I had to bet an amount of money that mattered on 4/12 on who UC hires, I'd put it on Erik Martin. Is that Cunningham's 1st choice...NO. Is he the 1st choice of many on the Board of Trustees (who are hanging onto Cunningham by a fine thread), YES. I believe the latter outweighs the former and Erik gets the job. I also believe, with time, he will do a good job for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    Sean to UC is a silly idea on a bunch of levels. Sean is a great guy who did dumb things and will have to pay for those. A shame. He is the best coach in Xavier's history and those tap-dancing on his firing are, to say the least, interesting.

Archie to UC has been way-overblown, and I'd be beyond shocked if that is the way they go. Cunningham is a bit of a wild-card, for sure, and no one is more desperate to get this hire right and ease a lot of the "this was so poorly handled" comments out there (and it was truly SO POORLY HANDLED) than he is, but I will be blown away if Archie is the guy.

If I had to bet an amount of money that mattered on 4/12 on who UC hires, I'd put it on Erik Martin. Is that Cunningham's 1st choice...NO. Is he the 1st choice of many on the Board of Trustees (who are hanging onto Cunningham by a fine thread), YES. I believe the latter outweighs the former and Erik gets the job. I also believe, with time, he will do a good job for them.
    If I had to guess they will go with the Tang from Baylor or Gates from Cleveland State, if not Martin. If they do not go with a former UC player they will go with an African American coach.

Sophomore
    How could UC get rid of Brannen after only 3 years?? They must not have heard the infamous stats about Coach Ks first 3 years at Duke, and his subsequent success

I'd be very surprised if either of the Miller Bros ends up at UC on their bench. It does not make sense for Sean Miller at all in my opinion. Maybe more so for Archie. But i'd still be surprised based on what has been reported about UC's athletic department financial situation.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook