Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    I never got past his stupid analogy suggesting that a Lexus > Buick.
    Some say you can’t fully appreciate the beauty of the Buick until it’s in the rear view mirror.
    Last edited by XUBison; 04-07-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    If Miller is a Lexus, Mack is a Buick, What is Steele?
    See the Yugo.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    To me Miller was the one coach who struggled the most with his decision to leave.

Matta snuck out in the middle of the night without a second thought. Mack had one foot out the door his entire last season once Pitino was dismissed. Skip and Pete were leaving a different X program than today's.

Obviously this would never happen but if Miller wanted to come back to X today I would show Steele the door and hire Miller back, as long as his NCAA baggage was a non issue. I think Miller is the best coach in Xavier history.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 04-07-2021 at 10:16 PM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Yea I would welcome him back as well but probably not this year. Recruiting certainly took a hit for him in Arizona. A couple of things that have stuck with me since Miler left:
    1) He always seemed to have a strong bond with Bobinski which made the program run so smoothly. I don’t think this can be understated that having everyone on the same page is critical. It’s a tough time to comment on current synchronicity coming off a weird year so I’ll leave it at that.
    2) Miller was proud of his time at X and mentioned leaving X in a better spot than when he left. Which brings me to the legacy of prior coaches. Did each prior coach take the program to another level? I would listen to the argument that they did. A #1 seed during Mack’s tenure is tough to beat. Those are some big shoes to fill and I hope when Steele’s tenure is over we can say the same thing, that each previous coach brought the program to another level. That’s really tough to see happening right now, fair or unfair.

IF Arizona, and Miller, are found to be completely innocent of the MAJOR recruiting violations that the program, and he, are accused of, another college program might take a chance on him right now. But it appears that he is going to go the pro ranks for a few years and let things cold down before possibly trying to get back into college coaching. That seems to be the preferred path by many coaches who run afoul of the NCAA. I do think he was the top coach that X has had and would have loved it if he had stayed, BUT he made it perfectly clear that he didn’t think that X could progress beyond where he had the program. From his actions, he also made it clear that he wasn’t satisfied with that level of achievement. Even if he was let off with only minor rules violations at this point, I would still be worried about what he might do in the future. I do not want X to adopt a “win at all cost” mentality and I’m afraid that under him that’s what might well happen. So, IF we could pick up exactly where we left off when he was the X coach, I’d say sure, let him come back. But I don’t think that is possible anymore. He has shown that being “very good” is not enough for him and that he is willing to do whatever it takes to become a championship coach, including leaving for what he sees as a better opportunity and also cheating if need be. I could never trust him again.

Goodman also saying NBA assistant. Makes sense for him either way, as MHettel mentioned. He can wait out the investigation either way, and if he ends up getting cleared and wants to come back to college he can probably get a better job than he would be able to get right now with the investigation ongoing. If he doesn't get cleared then any NCAA sanctions matter a lot less, too.
    Eat Donuts!

I love the idea of Miller back at Xavier, but these "second act" situations rarely go well.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I love the idea of Miller back at Xavier, but these "second act" situations rarely go well.
    Yea, its embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    See the Yugo.
    Classic POS!

[The car has been subjected to much criticism over its design and reliability; the historian Jason Vuic has called it "the worst car in history"]

This is where "They don't make 'em like that anymore!" is followed by:

Thank God!

Then why did they make them for 8 years?

Fire Travis after 3! [see: questionable design and reliability]
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 04-08-2021 at 04:05 PM.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Yea, its embarrassing.
    Curious why you say this? Embarrassing because you dont think he'd have any interest? Embarrassing bc he left us?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17