Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    I'm not trying to make a Miller/Matta argument in this post. But I do want to point out how stacked that UCLA team was: Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Darren Collison, and Luc Mbah a Moute. Xavier has never had a roster close to that.
    Somehow Western Kentucky managed to hang with them. And Mizzou. And Memphis spanked em.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    You kind of suck at this whole debate thing.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    You don’t give Matta much credit for that run to the elite eight, yet you give Miller credit for choking against UCLA with what you call the best X team of all time.

Miller’s team didn’t just lose to that UCLA team. They were completely annihilated by them. So if you’re saying the best X team of all time (not sure I agree with that statement) got blown out by a UCLA team that didn’t even advance past the next game, what are you really saying about the coach?

I know what I was saying- “That was a good UCLA team, but Miller got seriously out coached and he did not have his players ready to play (including Josh Duncan with his brick after brick from three). Miller can certainly recruit well... but he can’t quite coach his recruits up to their potential. Matta’s players exceed their expectations. Not sure how that is giving an edge to Miller.
    Yeah, that 03/04 team coached by Thad was an NIT at best most of the season. They got swept by Duquesne for god sake. Charmers and Sato and some others had enough and went on a great run. Runs are fun but often lucky and/or fueled by certain players playing out of their mind. See UCLA this year. They were not a good team and Cronin is average but they went on a nice run.

Thad lived off of players he did not recruit and was on lucky run away from no second weekend trips in his three years despite coaching some of the best to ever play at XU. Miller was vastly superior while at XU.

Sophomore
    Says the guy who believes a coach leaving better players behind for the next coach is proof he is a better coach than one who does not.

At least the other posters siding with Miller had arguments for their stance that didn’t come from out of left field.
    Ummm, what? Like I said...
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Apparently some of you prefer Miller and that’s okay.
    I'm not sure a single poster jumped on the Matta was better at X than Miller train with you.

But you did mic drop, so I guess you win and we all lose.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    To me Miller was the one coach who struggled the most with his decision to leave.

Matta snuck out in the middle of the night without a second thought. Mack had one foot out the door his entire last season once Pitino was dismissed. Skip and Pete were leaving a different X program than today's.

Obviously this would never happen but if Miller wanted to come back to X today I would show Steele the door and hire Miller back, as long as his NCAA baggage was a non issue. I think Miller is the best coach in Xavier history.
    Agree. Miller was awesome.
    X needs maybe 4-5 Drew Lavenders.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    X needs maybe 4-5 Drew Lavenders.
    We'd have a lot of issues on the glass!