Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Woj is pretty reliable.

I put if I was the AD, I agree that Miller would never take it and Steele would never want it. It could be win/win for both parties if Steele takes off, but it's a huge risk. On the other hand, Steele playing it safe could result in another missed tourney which will get him fired.

Sophomore
    Maybe Arizona will hire Steele so we can hire Miller.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Man can't drive a Lexus, can't take care of it. Don't want him near my Buick.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

To be clear:

1) Fuck Miller. We weren't good enough for ya? How'd that work out.

2) ZERO chance he comes to XU as an assistant. Here is the narrative on that: Head Coach leaves a good situation for the promise of success in the proverbial "greener pasture." Ends up getting fired from the "big time" job and winds up back where he started in a lesser role. NOBODY WOULD DO THAT. NOBODY.

I see 2 scenarios.

1) Miller KNOWS he's busted as part of the NCAA Investigation, and he's gotta move to the NBA as an assistant to stay employed. From there, he can hope to be an NBA HC in the future.

2) Miller KNOWS that there isn't any evidence to get him on NCAA infractions, so he'll sit out until the air clears. Once "acquitted" he'll land pretty quickly in a High Major job. In the meantime, he can "recruit" year round and have his first freshman class all locked up by the time he's announced as HC somewhere.

what he WONT do is take a college assistant job.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I never got past his stupid analogy suggesting that a Lexus > Buick.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Amen Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    To be clear:

1) Fuck Miller. We weren't good enough for ya? How'd that work out.

2) ZERO chance he comes to XU as an assistant. Here is the narrative on that: Head Coach leaves a good situation for the promise of success in the proverbial "greener pasture." Ends up getting fired from the "big time" job and winds up back where he started in a lesser role. NOBODY WOULD DO THAT. NOBODY.

I see 2 scenarios.

1) Miller KNOWS he's busted as part of the NCAA Investigation, and he's gotta move to the NBA as an assistant to stay employed. From there, he can hope to be an NBA HC in the future.

2) Miller KNOWS that there isn't any evidence to get him on NCAA infractions, so he'll sit out until the air clears. Once "acquitted" he'll land pretty quickly in a High Major job. In the meantime, he can "recruit" year round and have his first freshman class all locked up by the time he's announced as HC somewhere.

what he WONT do is take a college assistant job.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    I never got past his stupid analogy suggesting that a Lexus > Buick.
    Yeah... It is a stupid analogy. We don’t want a coach back who leaves us and then can’t even come up with a decent analogy as to why his old job is supposedly inferior to his new one. As a matter of fact, maybe there’s a correlation between not being able to make up decent analogies and not getting to a final four. Miller? Mack? Hmm. On second thought - Scratch that... Gillen never got to a final four and he was one of the king when it came to analogies and similes and metaphors.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Yeah... It is a stupid analogy. We don’t want a coach back who leaves us and then can’t even come up with a decent analogy as to why his old job is supposedly inferior to his new one. As a matter of fact, maybe there’s a correlation between not being able to make up decent analogies and not getting to a final four. Miller? Mack? Hmm. On second thought - Scratch that... Gillen never got to a final four and he was one of the king when it came to analogies and similes and metaphors.
    If Miller is a Lexus, Mack is a Buick, What is Steele?