View Poll Results: Which X player would you have most wanted for a 5th year?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tre Bluiett

2 5.00%
  • David West

25 62.50%
  • Tu Holloway

3 7.50%
  • JP Macura

3 7.50%
  • Byron Larkin

3 7.50%
  • Brian Grant

0 0%
  • Tyrone Hill

0 0%
  • Romain Sato

0 0%
  • Other

4 10.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by basket View Post
    Um........ the leading scored in XU hisotry, Byron Larkin! Thats is a NO brainer!! A close second, Derek Strong, Jamal Crawford and Brian Grant! Hon. mention: Anthony Hicks, Jeff Jenkins, Dexter Bailey, John Shimko, Eddie Johnson and Victor Fleming!
    Great names to throw back to Basket! Well done!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Interesting question and some really good answers. I’m with a vile. For me, there is no one I was hoping would stick around for another year than D Brown. I think if he stayed one more year, we may have made it to a Final Four and he may have been a little more prepared for the NBA. It is unfortunate he stepped out of bounds at the end of the Pitt game in the tournament and it is too bad we never got to see him be part of that team the following year.
    Oh, Gawd. I was in Boston for that game. That happened just below me. DBrown had a toenail on that opposite baseline. He secures that and we can run the clock out/shoot frees. So hurtful.
    But we did get revenge on Pitt in Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Oh, Gawd. I was in Boston for that game. That happened just below me. DBrown had a toenail on that opposite baseline. He secures that and we can run the clock out/shoot frees. So hurtful.
    But we did get revenge on Pitt in Milwaukee.
    Yes we did get revenge. That first game was extra brutal for me, since my brother graduated from Pitt. He got to gloat a bit, until the next time the two teams met. Then sadly for him (and all Pitt fans) the basketball program took a nose dive. Talk about a school that’s been through more than a few terrible hires: 2 horrible ADs, 3 mediocre football coaches and 1 basketball coach (Stallings) who was about as bad as it gets. Stallings was so bad that one of his teams lost every conference game and finish with a 19 game losing streak. Yikes. Even the new coach who replaced him, Capel, is struggling to put wining seasons together and now just had a bunch of players jump ship. Makes our situation seem not quite as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Yes we did get revenge. That first game was extra brutal for me, since my brother graduated from Pitt. He got to gloat a bit, until the next time the two teams met. Then sadly for him (and all Pitt fans) the basketball program took a nose dive. Talk about a school that’s been through more than a few terrible hires: 2 horrible ADs, 3 mediocre football coaches and 1 basketball coach (Stallings) who was about as bad as it gets. Stallings was so bad that one of his teams lost every conference game and finish with a 19 game losing streak. Yikes. Even the new coach who replaced him, Capel, is struggling to put wining seasons together and now just had a bunch of players jump ship. Makes our situation seem not quite as bad.
    Coach K’s “tree” is somewhat unimpressive.

I will choose Stan Kimbrough.
    Not only could he score, but he lead the team in steals. He played for Detroit Pistons for a minute.
    If you included his points from Florida CC, had well over 2000 points.

I also follow him on Instagram. He probably is the healthiest 54 year old alive with his daily workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Coach K’s “tree” is somewhat unimpressive.
    Trying to think of any of his assistants who have gone on to make an elite eight or final four. I can’t come up with any. Am I missing someone?

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I will choose Stan Kimbrough.
    Not only could he score, but he lead the team in steals. He played for Detroit Pistons for a minute.
    If you included his points from Florida CC, had well over 2000 points.

I also follow him on Instagram. He probably is the healthiest 54 year old alive with his daily workouts.
    IMO he is one of the most underrated player ever to play for X. Oh was he sneaky and scrappy. X was never out of a game when Stan and Jamal where in the game pressing. I remember being at a game where X was down by 7 with 45 seconds to go. It looked hopeless but those two went right to work getting a few steals and making a few quick buckets and sure enough they got the win. I would love to see Steele help his team get a reputation for being scrappy and sneaky all the tome on defense- like we saw against Creighton. I would love to see more pressing too.

Dumbest poll ever. Only only answer to this. DFW
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Junior
    Brian Thornton, because the dude got robbed of his senior year.
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    Brian Thornton, because the dude got robbed of his senior year.
    One of my all time favorite players....they sure could use another player like him!