• Very good but not the best

9 45.00%
  • Kept my attention

4 20.00%
  • Awful awful awful.

3 15.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How good has this tournament been?

Having very little fans in the stands has hurt the atmosphere for sure. However, just based on pure game enjoyment, having all the lower seeds beating the higher seeds, I have enjoyed this tournament greatly. The ratings are actually up 3% since vs 2018 but down 3% from 2019. Tv viewership as a whole is down 18% overall. So what say you?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

When X doesn’t make it, my interest falls off a cliff. I might flip on a game to see what’s going on, watch for a few minutes, and then change the channel or go do something else. I know I haven’t watched any games from start to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I am no UCLA fan but that game yesterday was excellent. Back and forth all game until OT when Alabama couldn't make a free throw or shot. Cronin did coach a good game.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I am no UCLA fan but that game yesterday was excellent. Back and forth all game until OT when Alabama couldn't make a free throw or shot. Cronin did coach a good game.
    The tournament has been fun to watch with all of the upsets and close games. All this tournament is missing is Xavier and full crowds.

Getting to be a gambler has made it way more fun than normal, and the quality of games have been pretty good. I also think there have been some fun storylines, Loyola again, Oregon State, Oral Roberts, etc. It's been a fun tournament, and I'm glad it happened, really wish it had X, but I've been pretty tuned into things.

For what it’s worth, really like the schedule of games better. Only problem is I forget when games are on like the earlier game today.

I'm enjoying the tournament this year. While I'm bummed Xavier isn't there, from a tournament enjoyment perspective in some ways it's better for me than Xavier getting bounced early. When Xavier has had an early exit I tend to completely lose interest in the tournament from that point on.
    Eat Donuts!

Loyola gave me some moments to enjoy as a hometown team to root for. Especially when they knocked off Illinois who I despise.

But it's harder for me to get into it when I don't have an actual team in it.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I'm enjoying the tournament this year. While I'm bummed Xavier isn't there, from a tournament enjoyment perspective in some ways it's better for me than Xavier getting bounced early. When Xavier has had an early exit I tend to completely lose interest in the tournament from that point on.
    Yes. This is so true for me too. I mean, yes, it would obviously be better to have X in the tournament and go on a run, but not having them n the field from the start does allows us fans to just sit back and appreciate a good game in a way that somehow just canÂ’t be had (at least be me) when you get in and knocked out early. ThatÂ’s not to say I prefer it - just that itÂ’s nice to get the initial disappointment out of the way before the games begin.

I feel like X not making the tournament also allows me (and hopefully the entire coaching staff) focus more on the little details that make the best teams so effective (smarter plays, precision with passes and ball movement, beautiful spacing at all times, finding and staying at a tempo that really keeps the team in sync, players constantly crashing the boards every time a ball is shot, someone always trailing on a fast break to be in position for a pass or to cleanup a missed layup, showing discipline by not taking the quick jumper when no teammate is anywhere near the basket, players knowing exactly where their teammates will be which allows teammates to build chemistry and have more fun, quick and precise passes that are not telegraphed and therefor hard to intercept, beautifully balanced lineups, constant scrappiness and tenacity, techniques the bigs are using to make them better defenders in the paint).

This is NOT a muscle flex:

...he went up late, and I was already up there.