Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Sophomore

Transfer Portal

Might as well start this thread since it looks like Steele will be swimming in the transfer portal trying to find those gems to get himself to his first NCAA tournament as a head coach.

The first gem that Steele is after is Parker Fox. Parker is a 6’8 DII stud out of the basketball powerhouse of Northern State University. He averaged 22 ppg, 9 rebounds a game, 25% from 3 and 50% from the free throw line.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Might as well start this thread since it looks like Steele will be swimming in the transfer portal trying to find those gems to get himself to his first NCAA tournament as a head coach.

The first gem that Steele is after is Parker Fox. Parker is a 6’8 DII stud out of the basketball powerhouse of Northern State University. He averaged 22 ppg, 9 rebounds a game, 25% from 3 and 50% from the free throw line.
    I feel like someday I'm going to yearn for the "Carter Years"

Supporting Member

I sincerely hope most of this is a complete joke. We already know Steele is. Figures though...steele loves him some unathletic white guys.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I sincerely hope most of this is a complete joke. We already know Steele is. Figures though...steele loves him some unathletic white guys.
    Parker does have some hops as his highlight tapes on YouTube show him mostly dunking the ball. Not sure the level of competition he faced in DII will translate into Big East basketball.

Parker does have some hops as his highlight tapes on YouTube show him mostly dunking the ball. Not sure the level of competition he faced in DII will translate into Big East basketball.
    If that's the case, Steele will surely sign him.
    2023 Sweet 16

X is involved with bigs from G. Washington, Pitt, and Penn. State as well.

All-Conference
    It feels like we’ve turned into a 2nd rate program overnight.

Wow. Two of the five highest rated guards in the transfer portal (at least in terms of their rankings as recruits) are from X.

That does not look good for the coach no matter what the circumstances were.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Ba...ransferPortal/

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    X is involved with bigs from G. Washington, Pitt, and Penn. State as well.
    Butler seems to have the inside track on the GW guy. In fact, Butler is the GW of the Midwest. This guy would be the third or fourth GW transfer to go to Butler in the last 5 years. Don't know about the Pitt or Penn State guys' leanings. I just know we need a big for the games where we get pushed around underneath. If nothing else we need a guy to accumulate the 5 fouls Freemantle would collect trying to play post defense. That's a big part of why he's bad down low. He knows he's foul prone, and he knows the team will suffer on the offensive end if he has to sit, so he plays a timid brand of defense.That, and the fact our assistants are a bunch of effing morons who can't teach defense, or instill that defense is 80% "want to".

Not a lot of 5's in the portal.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.