Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Tre Mitchell leaving UMass looks like someone we could use.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    You don’t think Max Struss handled the big east? I do. Look I am not saying that they should be recruiting D2 players but you should leave no stone unturned.
    Max Strus? Did he shoot 25% from 3 and 50% from the foul line in DII like Parker Fox? This is a make or break year coming up for Steele and he needs all of his transfers coming in to make an impact at the Big East level. I worry for him if we are going after 6’7 power forwards who shoot 25% from 3 and 50% from the foul line to make the type of impact we need them to make in the Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Max Strus? Did he shoot 25% from 3 and 50% from the foul line in DII like Parker Fox? This is a make or break year coming up for Steele and he needs all of his transfers coming in to make an impact at the Big East level. I worry for him if we are going after 6’7 power forwards who shoot 25% from 3 and 50% from the foul line to make the type of impact we need them to make in the Big East.
    Parker Fox? Not sure about him. Have never seen him. I did see they were looking at athletic 6’11” 240 shot blocker from an NAIA school that is shooting like 46% from three this year. . That might be a guy you take a flyer on. If he can play and help great, if not no big deal.

Sophomore
    Parker Fox? Not sure about him. Have never seen him. I did see they were looking at athletic 6’11” 240 shot blocker from an NAIA school that is shooting like 46% from three this year. . That might be a guy you take a flyer on. If he can play and help great, if not no big deal.
    I have to disagree with your last sentence. We already have Miles on the roster who is a big and is not playing. I don’t think we can afford another big not being able to contribute to the team unless we are using all 13 scholarships. The prospect you mentioned does sound intriguing. Are there any videos on him?

I have to disagree with your last sentence. We already have Miles on the roster who is a big and is not playing. I don’t think we can afford another big not being able to contribute to the team unless we are using all 13 scholarships. The prospect you mentioned does sound intriguing. Are there any videos on him?
    Found this from last year. I guess in the NAIA sweet and 16 he has 29, 10 and 10 blocks the other day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShawneeSt...93586637864966

Sophomore
    Found this from last year. I guess in the NAIA sweet and 16 he has 29, 10 and 10 blocks the other day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShawneeSt...93586637864966
    I found this scouting info on him.

All in all, EJ Onu is a remarkable late bloomer at the NAIA level, who could develop into a legitimate NBA player with the proper weight training regiment, G League coaching, and skill training. Onu has only been playing basketball since he was 14 years old. But, he has improved dramatically from his freshman season, where he was scoring under 10ppg (and shooting 25% from 3pt range). Look for him to continue to make strides at a higher level of play, with the potential to develop into a rotation player down the road. His physical gifts coupled with his unique skillset make EJ Onu truly unique at this level of play.

I found this scouting info on him.

All in all, EJ Onu is a remarkable late bloomer at the NAIA level, who could develop into a legitimate NBA player with the proper weight training regiment, G League coaching, and skill training. Onu has only been playing basketball since he was 14 years old. But, he has improved dramatically from his freshman season, where he was scoring under 10ppg (and shooting 25% from 3pt range). Look for him to continue to make strides at a higher level of play, with the potential to develop into a rotation player down the road. His physical gifts coupled with his unique skillset make EJ Onu truly unique at this level of play.
    Probably some smoke with this guy. Xavier’s entire coaching staff is following him as well as the basketball site.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MidSouthS...30080611471360

You don’t think Hankins was a pretty good pick up? There are a lot of D1 guys that shouldn’t be in D1 and a lot in D2 that could play D1. There are a NBA guys that came out of D2 programs. Max Struss was not bad either and is in the NBA right now. I don’t care where they come from as long as they can play.
    Hankins was an amazing find, though I do believe I remember hearing he was hurt his junior (or maybe his senior year) which played into him not receiving offers from several of the D1 schools who had originally shown interest.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Hankins was an amazing find, though I do believe I remember hearing he was hurt his junior (or maybe his senior year) which played into him not receiving offers from several of the D1 schools who had originally shown interest.
    Former Georgia 5 star big man Walker Kessler is transferring from UNC. I know we were recruiting him at some point. Go get him Coach Hayes!

Sophomore
    He'll almost certainly end up at Gonzaga but maybe the Georgia connection and our obvious hole is enough of a draw? I mean he could start here day 1.