Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    Junior

Wilcher enters transfer portal

Didn't see this coming. Past year transfers haven't been as bad- both kyky and wilcher were guys who I thought could at least contribute in the future.

Looking across the college landscape, this may be something we see every year. Wild wild west with transfers. I expect some major push back from coaches about the rule- this is certainly something that will take time getting used to.
    Last edited by Xavier; 03-19-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Supporting Member
    So bigmoe knew what he was talking about. Effing great. 4 guys left from steeles 3 recruiting classes.

Again, good thing Steele played carter so much.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-19-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Fire Steele

Sophomore
    This one hurts more than Kyky. For whatever reason, Travis had botched that situation, so I didn't see it getting magically fixed.

Wilcher showed a lot of potential, and had a much bigger role towards end of the season. I get the back court logjam with Odom/Nate/Jones/Kunkel and maybe even Scruggs, and I think Wilcher was brought in as a SG, but he could've gotten minutes at the 4 like he did this season. I mean he even started a game or two didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Didn't see this coming. Past transfers havent been as bad- both kyky and wilcher does hurt a little more...

Looking across the college landscape, this may be something we see every year. Wild wild west with transfers
    I believe younger brother is highly, highly rated in his class. I'm not saying tampering, but I could see some blue bloods making promises.

Also, Wilcher's mom was pretty involved with fans on social media. I feel like there were some twitter posts where she was involved with some back and forth with some fans. Maybe she didn't like what she saw.

Maybe Nate's coming back and his diminished role as a result. Who knows, but he was someone I didn't want to lose.

Wow!! What a swift kick to the nuts....CJ was going to be a baller at X..Wow!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    I believe younger brother is highly, highly rated in his class. I'm not saying tampering, but I could see some blue bloods making promises.

Also, Wilcher's mom was pretty involved with fans on social media. I feel like there were some twitter posts where she was involved with some back and forth with some fans. Maybe she didn't like what she saw.

Maybe Nate's coming back and his diminished role as a result. Who knows, but he was someone I didn't want to lose.
    Maybe Scruggs said he was coming back. Fingers crossed.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

This REALLY sucks!! but it was anticipated.

Another roster misuse. The bullheaded use of Jason Carter, the misdirected offense and emphasis on Practice Points comes home to roost.
    So now , Harden, James, Bishop, KyKy, Ramsey and Wilcher. That is 6 that have been blown out of the program.
    “Steele’s guys”.
    Let’s hope there are no more, but can’t say for sure.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-19-2021 at 12:54 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    I'm disappointed to see him go, but I understand it. It makes a lot more sense if Scruggs is coming back, because as much as I like Wilcher (and I really do), I think he'd still be stuck at the end of the six guys fighting for the those 1-3 spots. I know he saw some time at the 4 but he's really out of place there and if we DO get a transfer big, his opp there would decrease. I also think both frosh are bigger than Wilcher, and could feasibly contribute more at the 4 than him.

That being said, he was one of the best shooters in his class, and I really would've liked to see what he could do here.

Supporting Member
    Remember when x had all those shooters? That was fun for a season