Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Scruggs......

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I saw Scruggs announce he is coming back per his Instagram. Great news
    YES! HE's back!!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    YES! HE's back!!
    We got both guards coming back. Now we just need a true 5 who can score on the block and rebound.

I saw Scruggs announce he is coming back per his Instagram. Great news
    Hope we get a frosh for 2022 and build him up behind Odom

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    YES! HE's back!!
    This is great news. POY POY!!!!
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    So why waste your time reaching out to guards who you don’t really want? That makes no sense. Especially for a coach who needs to find an assistant coach and a couple of bigs. I also highly doubt they will come to Xavier to sit behind Scruggs (No idea if he will be at Xavier next year), Johnson and Kunkel for a year. With Scruggs possibly not coming back, it makes sense why Steele is reaching out to Watts and Franklin.
    Because coaches build relationships and keep the relationship open. Travis recruited Franklin in high school as well as Watts. Not a shock to reach out, she what they are looking for and see how they are doing. Not sure why you think everything should be black and white and robotic.

Supporting Member
    good news! surprised he didn't want to head to Europe being so old but good for X!

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    good news! surprised he didn't want to head to Europe being so old but good for X!
    Agreed. I was surprised to see Johnson want to come back, even more so to see Scruggs who I think could have a decent career in Europe. I actually think there is an outside shot Scruggs can find himself in the NBA. Regardless, you don't see someone like Scruggs come back to play...great for X.

Sophomore
    this is huge! This team is gonna hit the ground running now that roles are pretty clearly defined, as are skill-sets and rotations. Add another big person to the mix and this could be a dangerous team.

Agreed. I was surprised to see Johnson want to come back, even more so to see Scruggs who I think could have a decent career in Europe. I actually think there is an outside shot Scruggs can find himself in the NBA. Regardless, you don't see someone like Scruggs come back to play...great for X.
    I can see Scruggs in a niche NBA role. He's got excellent size / length to guard 3 positions in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    this is huge! This team is gonna hit the ground running now that roles are pretty clearly defined, as are skill-sets and rotations. Add another big person to the mix and this could be a dangerous team.
    With injuries, X might need a backup pg