Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 240
  1. #161
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Who gets a HC gig first..Sean or Archie?
    Archie
    zip em up

  2. #162
    Supporting Member UCGRAD4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Who gets a HC gig first..Sean or Archie?
    Archie almost unquestionably. What with big brother likely sitting out a year while sanctions clear. I think teams want that to happen before taking a flier. The NBA rumor also lends itself to this assessment as well.
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

  3. #163
    All-Conference XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,922
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Archie almost unquestionably. What with big brother likely sitting out a year while sanctions clear. I think teams want that to happen before taking a flier. The NBA rumor also lends itself to this assessment as well.
    In light of the number and severity of allegations against Arizona, I think Sean is staring at a show-cause order for a number of years.

  4. #164
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    570
    Brannen gone at UC! You guys need to read this - he apparently was reporting to the CFO for Athletics for some reason??:

    https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/stat...207106/photo/1

    Asst coach as interim:

    https://twitter.com/Williams_Justin/...01696976564227

  5. #165
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,216
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Brannen gone at UC! You guys need to read this - he apparently was reporting to the CFO for Athletics for some reason??:

    https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/stat...207106/photo/1

    Asst coach as interim:

    https://twitter.com/Williams_Justin/...01696976564227
    I know that many of you here don’t care one iota about UC and wish them nothing but problems, but for some of us local guys this is not something we wanted to see. Like UC or not, Brannon is a local guy, whose extended family has had many basketball and business dealings with many in the greater Cincinnati area over the years. Personally, I went to HS with his uncle, worked in the same industry as his dad, and followed a cousin who played BB locally in HS and college. We like to see our locals succeed, especially in local schools and businesses. I’m not sure we will ever know the whole story here, but I can only say that up until the last couple of weeks, I had never heard anyone speak badly about him personally. Evidently the relationship between the coach and the players had deteriorated to such a point that there was no saving it, but it is hard for me to put that all on the coach without knowing all the facts. I wish him well, wish UC luck in finding a new coach and enough players to field a team, and hope they have some future success...except when competing against X.

  6. #166
    Hall of Famer GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    29,589
    I wish Brannen well. I wish UC ill.

  7. #167
    I still believe. muskiefan82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,083
    The whole thing is just...off. So very strange. I hope that football school knows what they are doing because it sure doesn't seem that way
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

  8. #168
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    2,270
    You're correct, I could give a flying crap about UC. He must have done something very seriously wrong , to get the boot in a matter of weeks. As for the local blah blah blah loyalty, I've lived in Indy my whole life and despise IU. Have friends in Louisville who loathe the Cards. If Brannen is a perv, or weirdo, he needed to go. I doubt he got fired just because some players didn't like his style.

  9. #169
    Supporting Member UCGRAD4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    You're correct, I could give a flying crap about UC. He must have done something very seriously wrong , to get the boot in a matter of weeks. As for the local blah blah blah loyalty, I've lived in Indy my whole life and despise IU. Have friends in Louisville who loathe the Cards. If Brannen is a perv, or weirdo, he needed to go. I doubt he got fired just because some players didn't like his style.
    Unless you have any credible information to back up these kinds of allegations, I would steer clear. That is tough toothpaste to try to put back into the tube.
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

  10. #170
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    570
    Brannen tweets: "I look forward to the opportunity to bring the true facts to light."

    definitely a strange situation: https://twitter.com/coachbrannen/sta...784384/photo/1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •