Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    I thought Brannen was a solid hire too at the time... though Wes Miller has a better track record. I could be wrong but before Travis was hired I swear someone (xubrew?) mentioned Wes Miller as an up and comer.

Fuck. I wanted Wes Miller to be available for us if necessary next year. Great hire for UC.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Fuck. I wanted Wes Miller to be available for us if necessary next year. Great hire for UC.
    Who’s to say he won’t be!? Bwahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I thought Brannen was a solid hire too at the time... though Wes Miller has a better track record. I could be wrong but before Travis was hired I swear someone (xubrew?) mentioned Wes Miller as an up and comer.
    I don't know if I said that on here or not, but I've felt that way for a while.

Then again, I thought Brannen was a solid hire at the time. I actually still think he could have been. Brannen is the kind of guy that phases in his players, not his system. That probably isn't the best approach, but he's by no means the only coach that's like that, and some have been very successful with that approach. Mike Anderson comes to mind. By that I mean, in football terms, if Brannen were to get the job at Army, he'd implement the west coast passing offense right away. Never mind he doesn't have the players for it. He'll phase the players in and out rather than phasing his system in and out to suit the current players he's got. So what you end up with, at least initially, is a lot of players that don't like you. But, if he made it clear what he wanted to do when he was hired, and how long he felt it would take, then in my opinion they should have given him more time. Or...just not hired him at all if they didn't like that approach. But, I also don't know what the "investigation" is going to turn up either. It wouldn't shock me if that's all just a bunch of crap, but like everyone else I won't know for sure until it's over.
    Last edited by xubrew; 04-15-2021 at 07:59 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I need to find a reason to hate this Miller guy, because I really wanted him to be Xavier's next coach, if necessary. So someone needs to find some dirty laundry on this guy. We can't have a good coach at UC that I actually like. Just does not work.

I need to find a reason to hate this Miller guy, because I really wanted him to be Xavier's next coach, if necessary. So someone needs to find some dirty laundry on this guy. We can't have a good coach at UC that I actually like. Just does not work.
    Time will tell. I mean he couldn’t beat Pat Kelsey lol, although they only played one time this last year, and his team went 21-9 last year. Has to be better than Brannen though. Don’t think he will give Xavier too many issues so the dominance over the last 23 years should continue.

Welp. Today in his press conference he specifically stated that he and they would “Kick That school across town’s behind”.
    Winning a Press Conference < Winning a Game.
    He SucKS already
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Welp. Today in his press conference he specifically stated that he and they would “Kick That school across town’s behind”.
    He SucKS already
    Yeah looks like it’s on! A nice rebuttal from Scruggs!

https://twitter.com/adamjbaum/status...091096065?s=10

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    He SucKS already
    Bold strategy by him, especially considering our track record against UC lately.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    This is assistant coaches but I hadn’t heard this until I saw the Zegarowski news (he’s turning pro) but Creighton has lost 2 assistant coaches this off season. They will have an entire new starting 5 next year. They are not going to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Ballock, Jefferson and Mahoney leaving too?
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I saw this written somewhere else so it may have been wrong and thus I may be wrong.
    Ballock signs with an agent. All 5 Creighton starters now gone. 2 assistant coaches gone.

Seems like its going to be a rough year in Omaha.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17