Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I just posted this in another thread, but how the hell Brannen got a $5MM buyout from UC is beyond me. That contract seems very favorable to Brannen given the resume he was coming in with.
    I believe the key is that if fired without cause then Brannon is entitled to the full value of the remaining contract, that’s how it gets to the 5+ million dollar value.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Then just fire him and pay his buyout, don't create the mess that currently exists.
    Except they can’t afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

It will be interesting to see the amount the students' "athletic fee" will go up to feed Bear Brannen's purse!

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Yeah, the one person that seems rather unscathed in all this, at least in the long term, is Brannen. All signs point to him being about to get paid $5 million to not work. There is a word for people like that. They're called DEMOCRATS.
    Fixed it for you.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

Then don't fire him? I mean now they just look incompetent AND they will still have to pay him.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Then don't fire him? I mean now they just look incompetent AND they will still have to pay him.
    We don’t know they will have to pay him. It may be a technicality but the AD has 15 years in compliance. He isn’t stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

From what I’ve read and been told....the school had promised Fickle 10 mill in capital improvements, which after COVID was dropped to 5 mill. However, the speculation is that 5 mill will now need to be diverted to pay Brannon. So they end up paying off Brannon AND pissing Fickle off at the same time!

There are ALOT of threads on various UC boards and feeds that are not very complementary about Richie C. He might just pass Nancy Z as the most unpopular member of the UC administration in recent memory.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    He isn’t stupid.
    This is probably up for debate. We will see soon.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    From what I’ve read and been told....the school had promised Fickle 10 mill in capital improvements, which after COVID was dropped to 5 mill. However, the speculation is that 5 mill will now need to be diverted to pay Brannon. So they end up paying off Brannon AND pissing Fickle off at the same time!

There are ALOT of threads on various UC boards and feeds that are not very complementary about Richie C. He might just pass Nancy Z as the most unpopular member of the UC administration in recent memory.
    Isn't their money in the COVID Relief Bill to cover this?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Isn't their money in the COVID Relief Bill to cover this?
    That might be the only thing that is more unpopular with people on UC boards than Nancy.