Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    They had a pretty good 2021 recruiting class. Wondering how that’s going to turn out?
    2 of the kids in the 2021 class enrolled early and played in some games this season. Overall their roster is as patched together with transfers as ours.

Would be fun to watch heads explode in Dayton if Archie came to X as an assistant.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Would be fun to watch heads explode in Dayton if Archie came to X as an assistant.
    Steele will not be getting new assistance unless they leave for a different school. Can’t see Steele getting rid of any of his assistance and I can’t see Christopher forcing Steele to bring in new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Steele will not be getting new assistance unless they leave for a different school. Can’t see Steele getting rid of any of his assistance and I can’t see Christopher forcing Steele to bring in new ones.
    We can always dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    You can't suck like X has and keep things intact. One or more assistants are surely going bye-bye.
    I’d bet on “Offensive Coordinator” Graves. And his offense was offensive
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I don't understand where this idea is coming from that it's an assistants issue. And bringing in a new assistant or two will meaningfully shift the trajectory of the program. The issues start at the top. Snow has more or less stated that Steele's perspective is he is the HC and he's the decision maker. And once Steele makes up his mind, he doesn't change it, and gets defensive. As evidenced by some of the mind-numbing decisions this year.

If I am Jonas Hayes or Ben Johnson who both have HC aspirations, and both were targets over the last 2 years - I am looking to get out of Xavier fast. Heading into Year 4 with no NCAA tournament appearances isn't great for the resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier365 View Post
    I don't understand where this idea is coming from that it's an assistants issue. And bringing in a new assistant or two will meaningfully shift the trajectory of the program. The issues start at the top. Snow has more or less stated that Steele's perspective is he is the HC and he's the decision maker. And once Steele makes up his mind, he doesn't change it, and gets defensive. As evidenced by some of the mind-numbing decisions this year.

If I am Jonas Hayes or Ben Johnson who both have HC aspirations, and both were targets over the last 2 years - I am looking to get out of Xavier fast. Heading into Year 4 with no NCAA tournament appearances isn't great for the resume.
    I'm not saying Juwan Howard isn't a great coach, but he surrounded himself with some experienced guys. So if Travis feels threatened or doesn't want to listen to anyone, I think we see where the program is headed.

As far as we've been told, the top in game "suggestion" from the staff came from a student manager, as I recall, to get Colby into the game against Providence when he hit the game winner.