Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I agree we need to be better in the paint, but it’s amusing to see people pining for our roster from two years ago that everyone hated. We weren’t very good when we had both Hankins and Tyrique. Not a knock... just think it’s funny. I also think it’s funny to see so many saying we need someone like Hankins, while we also keep hearing people demanding no more D2 transfers.
    Are you really expecting consistency from this board? LOL

“Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds”.......Ralph Waldo Emerson

Junior
    I agree we need to be better in the paint, but itís amusing to see people pining for our roster from two years ago that everyone hated. We werenít very good when we had both Hankins and Tyrique. Not a knock... just think itís funny. I also think itís funny to see so many saying we need someone like Hankins, while we also keep hearing people demanding no more D2 transfers.
    I feel like when Steele went to having both of them in at the same time is when the season started to turn around. Though I do agree- the "no D2" guys are same that would love another Hankins

Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I feel like when Steele went to having both of them in at the same time is when the season started to turn around. Though I do agree- the "no D2" guys are same that would love another Hankins
    Agree 100%
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I agree we need to be better in the paint, but itís amusing to see people pining for our roster from two years ago that everyone hated. We werenít very good when we had both Hankins and Tyrique. Not a knock... just think itís funny. I also think itís funny to see so many saying we need someone like Hankins, while we also keep hearing people demanding no more D2 transfers.
    We all want a sure thing. If only....

Hankins was a D2 POY if I remember correctly and may have at least 'fit the profile' of that kind of big. I'm not sure that is a scenario that may come around any time soon. So, getting a D2 would seem a much greater risk this time around.

So, I'm not sure this is that much of a contradiction.

But yeah....if only...
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Switching gears a little bit - should we take the lack of news on a landing spot for Tandy as indicating that it is looking more likely he returns? I'm a little surprised we haven't been hearing anything about a landing spot etc.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Switching gears a little bit - should we take the lack of news on a landing spot for Tandy as indicating that it is looking more likely he returns? I'm a little surprised we haven't been hearing anything about a landing spot etc.
    I think he is announcing today. My guess is Western KY or SLU.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I think he is announcing today. My guess is Western KY or SLU.
    Jordan Nesbitt a top 80 2021 recruit who joined Memphis early just announced he was transferring to SLU last week. Not sure if that would effect Kyky's decision about SLU. I would love Kyky at SLU though. Nesbitt is listed at guard but maybe plays some 3? Not sure?
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Both of those destinations would be downgrades. That would surprise me a little. Wilcher landed in the Big 10, bottom feeder but still against top talent.

All-Conference
    SLU I can see....good fit, good coach....program has stabilized there and is incrementally getting better. I'd be beyond shocked if he chooses a place like WKU.

Why? Western Kentucky is an excellent program.