Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Does anyone find it a bit ironic that Ohio made the field and Jason, for reasons not entirely his own, has not?

I also agree that "the flack he catches is probably a tad much."
    You are confusing coincidence and irony as many do. The irony would be if losing their best player resulted in a better result. But can anyone say that OU would have been less likely to win the conference tournament if he had been on the team? Remember he was their best scorer and rebounder.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post
    You are confusing coincidence and irony as many do. The irony would be if losing their best player resulted in a better result. But can anyone say that OU would have been less likely to win the conference tournament if he had been on the team? Remember he was their best scorer and rebounder.
    The irony is Carter left OU to join a better Xavier team. Yet the opposite has happened.

Sophomore

i think this is Carter's fifth year so he would not have been on Ohip U this year(

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The irony is Carter left OU to join a better Xavier team. Yet the opposite has happened.
    he played 3 at OU and 2 at X so would not have been there. Good luck to him and i appreciate the efforts and i know from the look on his face that he was aware of the results. I still cant believe we had Tyrique, Naj (a power forward rebounding type) Freemantel and Carter in 19-20 and were left with Free and Carter(and Griffin who should have gotten more run) this year ..there is NO WAY they are close to equivalent. I dont know why we did not admit this earlier and when i look at GTown, Seton Hall, Uconn and other front lines we were not competitive. I do believe there is a school of thought that everyone should take an open shot or it is almost like a turnover but in this case it just did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by RetireFiftyTu View Post
    Outside of Carter's 3 point shooting and free throw shooting which both completely fell off a cliff, he improved his numbers in just about every other statistical category believe it or not. .
    Ok, I just compared his per minute numbers from the last 2 years. This year, he shot LESS and WORSE. And of his shot attempts this year, MORE of them were 3's and LESS of his makes were from 3. He got to the line 26% more, and yet made 6% LESS FTs (all per minute stats). Assist per minute was up by 21%, blocks up by 22%. Steals were flat. TOs down a bit, fouls were up. The big gain was rebounds. He went from 6.7 Rebs per 40 minutes to 8.9. That seems like a decent jump until you realize that he played with Tyrique last year who was getting 15.7 rebound per 40 minutes and then Freemantle this year who was getting 11.3.

So, yes I acknowledge the statistical improvement in rebounds. And I attribute it to removing Tyrique from under the bucket.

but in fairness Carter was a decent rebounder.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    he played 3 at OU and 2 at X so would not have been there. Good luck to him and i appreciate the efforts and i know from the look on his face that he was aware of the results. I still cant believe we had Tyrique, Naj (a power forward rebounding type) Freemantel and Carter in 19-20 and were left with Free and Carter(and Griffin who should have gotten more run) this year ..there is NO WAY they are close to equivalent. I dont know why we did not admit this earlier and when i look at GTown, Seton Hall, Uconn and other front lines we were not competitive. I do believe there is a school of thought that everyone should take an open shot or it is almost like a turnover but in this case it just did not work.
    Incorrect. Carter played 2 full Seasons at OU. He played 3 games as a soph and I think he got injured and a redshirt. He had 2 years left. He would have been there. How would he have played this year if he wasn't eligible?

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post

Nope, I know the difference Prof.

My wife does the ironing.

At least she used to.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.