Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    We are not going to be good. Stanley won't be close to fully recovered from his ACL. We have no shooters & no tough bigs. A great combo for success in a Power 5 league.
    Time for X to shop for new head coach from outside the program. They were due for a miss hiring from within the program. Matta up for making a comeback?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

We are not going to be good. Stanley won't be close to fully recovered from his ACL. We have no shooters & no tough bigs. A great combo for success in a Power 5 league.
    Wilcher and Kunk are both great shooters. Kunk had his struggles, but he’s still a great shooter. Free is also a pretty serviceable 3 shooter.

I’ll give you we have no tough bigs though. Hopefully free can continue to improve. His defense this year was dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    Wilcher and Kunk are both great shooters. Kunk had his struggles, but he’s still a great shooter. Free is also a pretty serviceable 3 shooter.

I’ll give you we have no tough bigs though. Hopefully free can continue to improve. His defense this year was dreadful.
    Kunkel shot 26.6% from 3 this year with that terrible knuckleball that he throws up. Freemantle a paltry 32% and Wilcher shot a respectable 34.6%. You know who shot better than all of them? The guy who played 0 minutes, can create his own shot and is going to transfer.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Hard to argue against his percentage. That’s fair, but I think he can clearly shoot. He has great form and has shown flashes. I think we have 2- maybe 3 more years with him? Hell yes I’ll take that.

I don’t want either player to transfer, but if I had to pick, it would be Tandy. He just can’t play within the offense. Kunk can, and can create for others. Tandy ball is not what we want, imo. He has potential, but he will likely transfer to a school that lets him just throw up whatever he wants. It’s how he gets his points, but you have to live an die by his volume shooting. That’s not what we want here

All-Conference
    Kunkel shot 26.6% from 3 this year with that terrible knuckleball that he throws up. Freemantle a paltry 32% and Wilcher shot a respectable 34.6%. You know who shot better than all of them? The guy who played 0 minutes, can create his own shot and is going to transfer.
    Inexplicable.

It's an obvious "you're going to play my way or not at all" while also ignoring that he's lightning in a bottle and one of our best shooters.

He will land where a coach gives him more freedom and will shine. Watch.

He will rack up points. But the team won’t be great. It’s extremely difficult to win in college at a high level with a volume shooter like Tandy. IF he learns to play within the system, he could be very valuable.

Having said that, he could have given us a huge 3 minute burst in the second half. Missed opportunity by Steele who played to Hang on rather than go for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    Hard to argue against his percentage. That’s fair, but I think he can clearly shoot. He has great form and has shown flashes. I think we have 2- maybe 3 more years with him? Hell yes I’ll take that.

I don’t want either player to transfer, but if I had to pick, it would be Tandy. He just can’t play within the offense. Kunk can, and can create for others. Tandy ball is not what we want, imo. He has potential, but he will likely transfer to a school that lets him just throw up whatever he wants. It’s how he gets his points, but you have to live an die by his volume shooting. That’s not what we want here
    Can you explain to me what our offense actually is? I'm curious because all I see every time down the court are a bunch of screens on the wing by a big that amount to nothing because WE DON'T HAVE SHOOTERS!
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Junior
    Maybe a big part of the problem is that the whole staff are recruiters. No teachers, no strategists, just recruiters. Kind of like giving all the sales guys at a car dealership tool kits and telling them to rebuild engines.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Maybe a big part of the problem is that the whole staff are recruiters. No teachers, no strategists, just recruiters. Kind of like giving all the sales guys at a car dealership tool kits and telling them to rebuild engines.
    I mentioned that on some other thread a week or so ago. Our assistants stink.

I mentioned that on some other thread a week or so ago. Our assistants stink.
    Agree here. Our assistants are recruiters. Not great coaches though