Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Back in March 2014, X was not looking too good.
    Snuck in tourney to play in UD for play in game.

I recall frustrated X poster posting, "why aren't Erik Stenger and Brandon Randolph playing more??!

"If KAMALL RICHARDS didn't hurt his knee, X surely would be Sweet 16 material"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Back in March 2014, X was not looking too good.
    Snuck in tourney to play in UD for play in game.

I recall frustrated X poster posting, "why aren't Erik Stenger and Brandon Randolph playing more??!

"If KAMALL RICHARDS didn't hurt his knee, X surely would be Sweet 16 material"
    With the season officially over, what does Xavier need to do to get back to the NCAA tournament with Steele still being here next season? What positions does Xavier need to look into the transfer portal?

I'm tired of the transfer portal / band aid this program has been using for the last 5 years. I would rather go back to building a program through solid recruiting with the occasional transfer in to fill a hole.

With the sophomore class largely being a miss except for Free at this point, we are destined to do this for another year or two. I ultimately think this will be big part of Steele's downfall and exit.

Its extremely hard to bring multiple guys in to fill holes and have them fit into the program and your playing style.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    With the season officially over, what does Xavier need to do to get back to the NCAA tournament with Steele still being here next season? What positions does Xavier need to look into the transfer portal?
    1. Fire Steele
    2. Find a legitimate post man on the transfer market or a recruit that may have slipped thru the cracks
    3. Hire a coach and a staff that can actually develop talent.
    4. Fire the AD or at least relieve him of his athletic duties. He can play with his fundraising or whatever the hell else his job duties are. Serious question...is there any team currently on campus that is good?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I'm tired of the transfer portal / band aid this program has been using for the last 5 years. I would rather go back to building a program through solid recruiting with the occasional transfer in to fill a hole.

With the sophomore class largely being a miss except for Free at this point, we are destined to do this for another year or two. I ultimately think this will be big part of Steele's downfall and exit.

Its extremely hard to bring multiple guys in to fill holes and have them fit into the program and your playing style.
    I think Xavier will have to hit the portal pretty hard unless there are unsigned seniors available. Expect some guys to leave and doubt they have any of the seniors back except maybe Griffin. If I was making odds I would put Tandy at 1-9, Ramsey even money, Miles 3-1, Zack, Jones and Wilcher 5-1 and the field 20-1.

I saw a rumor that UK big had some interest in Xavier. Anyone else hear anything about that? Would be a huge get for this team.

Sophomore
    I think the guards and forwards are in decent(not great ) shape. I am thinking Ben Stanley (or leading scorere/min who did well against Seton Hall and Creighton) will be healthy and Kunkel will be here for a full year. Kyky would seem to be gone but I hope not. Free cant be the 5 anymore and I dont really know why Miles cant be like one of these raw centers (some from Africa) that play 20-25 min a game and get 7-8 pts and 7-8 rebounds and 4 fouls. A transfer can be found but damn he had 12 and 12 against Oakland (sucks but 1 game from dance) and played "OK" against UConn. In 8 months that "should" be possible unless there are any issue (Physical or other) that i am not aware of. No guards are needed and maybe Nate or Griffin come back?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    I saw a rumor that UK big had some interest in Xavier. Anyone else hear anything about that? Would be a huge get for this team.
    What UK big? The only one that is currently in the portal is fletcher and he’s a 6’6 swing man and I’m assuming will be going back to Slu or mizzou

Hm, thought I heard about a UK big. Guess I read something wrong. Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    4. Fire the AD or at least relieve him of his athletic duties. He can play with his fundraising or whatever the hell else his job duties are. Serious question...is there any team currently on campus that is good?
    I will say this.... Greg Christopher is no Mike Bobinski. That much I am certain of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk