Thread: WAC Football

WAC Football

I learned yesterday that the WAC plans to restart football, which I knew, and move it up to the FBS level, which I didn't know. This is actually kind of old news, but I'm just now learning it.

So, we've got not one, but TWO conferences that are looking to start up football and transition the whole thing up to FBS/1A. I don't think they'll get a piece of the CFP money right away because that's all still under the old contract, but I suppose they will eventually.

And, when it comes to legislation and the administrative side of things, it is now 5-to-7 in favor of the non P5 leagues. Which makes me wonder....will the American be granted that status now?? By that I mean will the be considered to be autonomous like the other five in order to keep the non-P5s in the majority?

The members will be Abilene Christian, Stephen F Austin, New Mexico State, Lamar, Sam Houston State, Tarlton State, Dixie State, and Southern Utah. Grand Canyon is also looking at starting it up. This will be in effect for the 2022-2023 season. They will actually play at the FCS level for one season next year, and share an auto bid with the Atlantic Sun, which is also transitioning up to FBS/1A.
    Last edited by xubrew; 03-05-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White