Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    odom and jones have very clean economical games and are fundamentally off the charts, Odom in the lane seems to be able to get his shot off at will
    Yes - very good games by both and very promising for the future. You could just see the confidence from Scruggs spilling right into those two. Odom has stepped up and is 100% ready to take over and run the offense next year. Odom and Jones both had terrific blocks which you love to see from freshman- young ones being the bullies instead of being bullied.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Let’s go!!!!! Huge win. Huge senior night by scruggs. Almost everyone played well, we played really good D and looked really good offensively. Second best performance of the season after OU but maybe even better considering the weight of the game and what was riding on it. Everyone stepped up to the plate. And Colby and Dwon are going to be awesome.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    I’m one of the first to criticize but I will also commend. I thought this was one of Travis’ best coached games. For the first time in a while it looked like they had a plan on both sides of the ball. Even in the first half when Creighton erased a nine point lead it had a different feel. I thought two non calls on Odom drives were bad and I didn’t see guys just jacking up bad shots. Clock management was good for the most part, possessions didn’t seem to be a helter skelter. Now, the key is can this be repeated, it should be but the jury is still out on that. A friend of mine asked me after the game, “ are you back on the Travis train ?” My answer is not yet. Performances like this must become a constant. Saw some growth today , hope it continues.

Supporting Member
    Yep I have been criticizing Steele up and down the last few weeks, but I will say, he finally made some adjustments and they worked. Hope this is the beginning of a new promising era.

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    This has to be the most weak and soft post I've ever seen. You are worried about some fans being in a game? If X is so weak they can't handle fractional capacity to win a road game they don't deserve to be in the tourney. Dude, are you serious?
    Uh not sure if you followed Xavier this year but they have not been very good in road games. Lost at Creighton, Saint John's and Providence. This may have been with 0 fans in the building. If there are 0 fans or 10,000 it don't matter Xavier has a hard time winning on the road not sure why you can't comprehend this.

Did they just get smoked at a .500 Providence team ? Yep.

Well they did beat an awful Butler team on the road and an awful Cincy team on the road.

So thanks for your post so I could explain to you that winning at G'Town and Marquette won't be easy even if 0 fans are there.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Quote Originally Posted by XUBob View Post
    I’m one of the first to criticize but I will also commend. I thought this was one of Travis’ best coached games. For the first time in a while it looked like they had a plan on both sides of the ball. Even in the first half when Creighton erased a nine point lead it had a different feel. I thought two non calls on Odom drives were bad and I didn’t see guys just jacking up bad shots. Clock management was good for the most part, possessions didn’t seem to be a helter skelter. Now, the key is can this be repeated, it should be but the jury is still out on that. A friend of mine asked me after the game, “ are you back on the Travis train ?” My answer is not yet. Performances like this must become a constant. Saw some growth today , hope it continues.
    You basically just said, “Travis needs to have the best game of his coaching career every night.”

I agree that tonight was fantastic, but perhaps it was because the players executed everything the coaches threw at them.

I know everyone wants to blame the coaches, but often times, the players on the court decide the outcome of the game.

Junior
    That does it, we wear those semi-ugly jerseys the rest of the way. They're magic ��.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    That does it, we wear those semi-ugly jerseys the rest of the way. They're magic ��.
    You get no argument from me....other than “semi”. But they are growing on me!

Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    Uh not sure if you followed Xavier this year but they have not been very good in road games. Lost at Creighton, Saint John's and Providence. This may have been with 0 fans in the building. If there are 0 fans or 10,000 it don't matter Xavier has a hard time winning on the road not sure why you can't comprehend this.

Did they just get smoked at a .500 Providence team ? Yep.

Well they did beat an awful Butler team on the road and an awful Cincy team on the road.

So thanks for your post so I could explain to you that winning at G'Town and Marquette won't be easy even if 0 fans are there.
    What I know is this. You are soft. You and people like you make excuses where excuses don't exist. If Xavier can't handle road games then they can't handle road games because they are mentally weak. The court is the same length and the basket is the same height. Do you think a 30% capacity or whatever is approved changes that? For you to use that as justification means you accept softness. It's people like you that ways fall short because you find excuses and justify failure

Sophomore
    Zach seems to have found his sweet spot. Was getting pushed around for a while (Seton Hall, Creighton one, Marquette but now is getting points in the flow and clearing rebounds cleanly. Still not a defensive force but we can't afford him in foul trouble. Also 4 points by Griffin in a short time made a difference.