Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    What I know is this. You are soft. You and people like you make excuses where excuses don't exist. If Xavier can't handle road games then they can't handle road games because they are mentally weak. The court is the same length and the basket is the same height. Do you think a 30% capacity or whatever is approved changes that? For you to use that as justification means you accept softness. It's people like you that ways fall short because you find excuses and justify failure
    I don’t think you know as much as you think you know. Other than Scruggs, our best players out there were freshmen and sophomores. This team has a lot of room to improve. So does Steele. Given that they only got to practice a couple times over a crazy month, that doesn’t help them grow. But then, what do you care about the details?

Travis in post game says Getting practices in yesterday helped a ton. Pleayers are in better shape. HE said X is very close to putting it all together right at the best time.

What I know is this. You are soft. You and people like you make excuses where excuses don't exist. If Xavier can't handle road games then they can't handle road games because they are mentally weak. The court is the same length and the basket is the same height. Do you think a 30% capacity or whatever is approved changes that? For you to use that as justification means you accept softness. It's people like you that ways fall short because you find excuses and justify failure
    Oh boy, its Norman Dale! Get a new idea please.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I don’t think you know as much as you think you know. Other than Scruggs, our best players out there were freshmen and sophomores. This team has a lot of room to improve. So does Steele. Given that they only got to practice a couple times over a crazy month, that doesn’t help them grow. But then, what do you care about the details?
    I'm not claiming to know anything. All I am saying is this mindset is soft and why so many people fail ( not just talking about basketball here). There is nothing wrong with getting beat. There is something wrong when you are better and you accept small excuses such as "people in the stands" as a reason why a game may be lost. It's pathetic
    Last edited by stammina0721; 02-27-2021 at 10:09 PM.

I'm not claiming to know anything. All I am saying is this mindset is soft and why so many people fail. There is nothing wrong with getting beat. There is something wrong when you are better and you accept small excuses such as "people in the stands" as a reason why a game may be lost. It's pathetic
    You said they are “mentally weak”, which I find insulting. I said they are young. I’ll stick with my side of this. These young guys were all studs up to the introduction to BE basketball. I think most of these guys will grow into it. You are free to disagree.

Dwon Odom was huge tonight. If he plays with that same drive and determination the next two games, X has a chance.

I'm not claiming to know anything. All I am saying is this mindset is soft and why so many people fail ( not just talking about basketball here). There is nothing wrong with getting beat. There is something wrong when you are better and you accept small excuses such as "people in the stands" as a reason why a game may be lost. It's pathetic
    EASY STAMMINA, try to resist the intoxicating powers of the glue.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Freshman
    Once season is over I’d have Odom move in with Brad Redford. Spend every waking moment either in the gym together or talking shooting. Can you imagine that dude with a 3pt shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Once season is over I’d have Odom move in with Brad Redford. Spend every waking moment either in the gym together or talking shooting. Can you imagine that dude with a 3pt shot?
    He would not be at Xavier, that's for sure.

I am glad their computer numbers are what they are so X can bank on the win, but I really think this is yet another fraudulent Creighton team when it comes to winning time in March. I guess you can't hold last year against them and maybe that was finally their team that was going to make a run, but it has got to be frustrating being a Jays fan.