Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It's not like Steele has been a total disaster though. None of his seasons have been the kind of shit show that I think it should take to fire a coach that quickly. If we were sitting at like 6-16 right now, or something like that, I'd be on board for firing him ASAP. He's just kind of been mediocre, which we as fans obviously aren't happy with.
    Eat Donuts!

Sophomore
    is this what UC fans went through with Cronin? Where they were never truly terrible, but always sort of middling?

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    is this what UC fans went through with Cronin? Where they were never truly terrible, but always sort of middling?
    Well he did make 9 straight tournaments. I would take that and take my chances.

Supporting Member
    Realistically, this is what X has next year I'm assuming Stanley leaves but can add him if you'd like. No way Tandy is staying around to be effed by Steele for another year:

Odom
    Jones
    Free
    Kunkel
    Miles
    Ramsey
    Wilcher
    Tucker
    Edwards

Anyone feel good about making the tourney with that? I know the reality is that Steele is going to get another year, but for al the recruiting prowess he supposedly has, that leaves a lot to be desired

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Realistically, this is what X has next year I'm assuming Stanley leaves but can add him if you'd like. No way Tandy is staying around to be effed by Steele for another year:

Odom
    Jones
    Free
    Kunkel
    Miles
    Ramsey
    Wilcher
    Tucker
    Edwards

Anyone feel good about making the tourney with that? I know the reality is that Steele is going to get another year, but for al the recruiting prowess he supposedly has, that leaves a lot to be desired
    Yes that group has a lot of potential for sure, but the coach has to develop them. Have no idea why Stanley would leave as he was planning on two years any way and I can also see Griffin return. I think it will be a huge off season for Miles and for Travis.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

Odom
    Jones
    Free
    Kunkel
    Miles
    Ramsey
    Wilcher
    Tucker
    Edwards

To be fair, I don’t feel good about making the tournament even if you add Tandy to that. He’s not replacing Scruggs/Johnson. Next year is a rebuilding year for sure

What are the chances Jason Carter returns? Steele's not saying no if Carter wants to play another year.

Would love to convince Johnson to stick for another year.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    Why does Travis get COVID as an excuse? Every single other team had to deal with it. Just because we handled it worse than most shouldn't be a pass.

He'll get another year, but I don't see how we'll even be as good as we are now honestly.
    I think just chalking it up to "everyone had to deal with it" is too simple. Losing all the practice time, all the games, it hurts. Maybe with more games Travis would have the rotation under control? Maybe more practices allow Tandy to earn more time (lol...just wanted to rile xville up).

It hurt the team, no question about that. I still agree with most everyone that he hasn't shown much to give hope. Like another poster said- unless X had a sure fire coach who wanted to come, Travis is back next year.

Carter actually strikes me as a guy who might take advantage of the other year. He's probably not playing pro ball anywhere, and he can get another free year of college. Johnson could be similar, although he probably has a better chance of playing overseas, which he might want to go ahead and do.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I think just chalking it up to "everyone had to deal with it" is too simple. Losing all the practice time, all the games, it hurts. Maybe with more games Travis would have the rotation under control? Maybe more practices allow Tandy to earn more time (lol...just wanted to rile xville up).

It hurt the team, no question about that. I still agree with most everyone that he hasn't shown much to give hope. Like another poster said- unless X had a sure fire coach who wanted to come, Travis is back next year.
    I agree. We also missed more time than a lot of other teams. The amount of time Griffin has missed might be one of the biggest impacts. It's hard to say exactly, but between Stanley getting hurt and Griffin missing a ton of time, our front court has been pretty thin. Not that I think Steele would have done much with Griffin if he had been healthy...
    Eat Donuts!