Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    You can always find at least one "analyst" that will say what you want to hear regarding the tourney, but we were not gonna make it in after collapsing down the stretch and losing to DePaul (and we didn't deserve to either!).

Fans can play all the mental gymnastics they want, but last year sucked, and it's hard to find someone who will argue otherwise.
    True, but not my point. There was 100% chance we wouldn’t make the tournament because there was no tournament which is a fact. I too believe we were on the outside looking in, but can’t count that as fact because it’s only an opinion.

Theoretically, DePaul and others still playing in conference tournaments could’ve said they would’ve made the tournament if they had a chance to finish. What would’ve happened if DePaul went on to win BET? Would that increase our chances?

Yes extremely far fetched, but it continues with the what if’s (mental gymnastics as you put it), but not based on facts. Bottom line - there is no definitive way we can say we would’ve or wouldn't made the tournament.

And yes we sucked especially towards the end of the season. So I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Are you saying we need to win the last four ? I would think 2-2 would put us in decent shape, and a win in the BE Tournment would make us a lock.
    If X goes 3-1 (1 loss vs. Creighton) then X INMO might be a 9 10 or 11 seed.
    If X goes 2-2 and loses opening game in BE, then X is out.
    right now, VU, CU, XU and maybe Seton Hall are in. Either teams play themselves in or play themselves out. Need 1 -2 more Quad 1 and 2 wins.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    There was 100% chance we wouldn’t make the tournament because there was no tournament which is a fact.
    Yeah, we get it.

But that doesn't just erase the average season and the crappy finish.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Tardy Turtle View Post
    What exactly are we looking at here?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    What exactly are we looking at here?
    The ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Yeah, we get it.

But that doesn't just erase the average season and the crappy finish.
    And yes, I get that