Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier vs. Providence (2/24/2021)

VS.

THE MATCHUP

XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSKETEERS (12-4, 5-4 BIG EAST)
    AT PROVIDENCE COLLEGE FRIARS (11-11, 7-9 BIG EAST)
    WEDNESDAY, FEB. 24, 2021 AT 9:00 P.M. ET
    ALUMNI HALL IN PROVIDENCE, R.I.

TV, RADIO & LIVE STATS

Television: FS1 with play-by-play from Kevin Fitzgerald and analysis from Nick Bahe.
    Radio: 55KRC-AM with play-by-play from XU Hall of Famer and former XU standout Joe Sunderman ('79) and analysis from XU Hall of Famer and all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin ('88). XU broadcast also available on Sirius XM channel 381 and internet 971.
    Live Stats: Stats available at GoXavier.com and friars.com.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Hate to say must win, but this game is uuuuuuugggge, Really need this one to give the team a bit of a cushion in terms of a tournament invite. Lose this one, and sound the alarms.

Gotta keep Watson off the boards as much as possible, and hopefully Duke doesn't go off like he did the last time. They keep them to their averages, X will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Hate to say must win, but this game is uuuuuuugggge, Really need this one to give the team a bit of a cushion in terms of a tournament invite. Lose this one, and sound the alarms.
    Yeah, this one is probably the key game. Win and we're almost definitely getting in. Lose, and it starts to get real tough.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Yeah, this one is probably the key game. Win and we're almost definitely getting in. Lose, and it starts to get real tough.
    We need to win, but I don't think it puts us in lock status.

Xavier is favored by 1.5. Not sure how that is based off they way they have played and the fact that they got really lucky to beat them at home. Here is hoping that Xavier makes shots and can hold their own inside. Can’t let Duke go off.

Near must win if they lose this they better beat Creighton. The 12-4 record is nice but only Oklahoma is a team that is making the dance for sure that they have a win against.

Really need to win 3 of the last 4 that is a tall ask for this team with 3 road games and the home game is a team already beat you.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Freshman
    Friars are 8th in the league in 2pt defense. They’re 1st in the league in 3pt defense. There is your scouting report coach Steele. It’s not rocket science. Go X!
    You can't spell sUCks without UC!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Friars are 8th in the league in 2pt defense. They’re 1st in the league in 3pt defense. There is your scouting report coach Steele. It’s not rocket science. Go X!
    Let's hope it's not a repeat of St. John's then..

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Griffin back, Nate Johnson is out though. Kyky get some more run??
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17